We’re seeking a talented designer with experience and skill in motion graphics. Ideally, this motion artist would have a good understanding of 2D with some 3D knowledge. This position will involve helping to define our motion language for the brand that will manifest on the UI of an OS platform. While helping to define new media, the designer will work in collaboration with interface designers, visual designers, and developers. Candidates should have a passion for storytelling, and be excited about exploration in new media, and helping to solve next-generation design problems. You will have opportunities to be among the first to design, define, and innovate in an exciting new medium we’re developing.
- 6+ years of relevant professional and creative experience in motion graphics
- Familiar with a variety of 2D motion design, and some 3D techniques preferrable. Some micro-interactions on device may be prototyped in 3D.
- Storyboarding skills.
- Basic understanding of typography & composition.
- Capable of producing assets rapidly if necessary.
- Adaptable – self-starter able to run with ideas and execute them.
- Experience working with designers and contractors on deadline-driven work.
- Professional, responsible and reliable.
- Flexible and able to work in a fast-paced startup environment, and easily shift focus.
- Prepared to take on tasks outside job description, if the situation dictates.
- Proficient in AfterEffects, Premier, Photoshop and Illustrator. Also - Google Docs/Google Slides, Keynote, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Previous UI/UX case studies are a plus.
- Any previous experiences in AR/VR UI motion is a bonus.
- Passionate about creating exciting, innovative, conceptual and fun visual design.
- Versatile, and able to create in a range of aesthetics. Possesses critical thinking skills, and creates thoughtful, idea-driven work
- Great sense of timing, an excellent storyteller through the media of motion graphics and sound.
- Previous experience in digital product motion design -producing UI based motion case studies & micro-interactions (not just films).
- Articulate communicator, and can clearly communicate reasoning behind creative process verbally and in written form
- Collaborating with developers, and ability to help translate code.
- Output and compress animations in multiple formats depending on specific delivery needs
- Able to take direction and feedback well, and execute dictated design ideas when necessary.
- Collaborative team player, fun, and pleasant to work with
- Translation of Figma assets into motion design.
- Cognitive understanding of how 2D Assets can be placed in 3D space.
- Requires a BS in Digital Arts, Animation, Graphic Design or a related degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.