Magic Leap is an eclectic group of people who share a magical vision of the future. And we’re growing.
Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit.
Magic Leap is seeking an advanced software engineer experienced with interactive 3D audio applications, game audio middleware, algorithm implementation and software optimization to join our team developing next-generation 3D audio technology and authoring tools for mixed-reality devices.
The ideal candidate is a quick and enthusiastic learner, an excellent problem solver who contributes clear thinking to complex situations, and someone who embraces both the technical and creative challenges of software development.
- Serve as technical lead for audio plugin software development for Unity, Unreal and Wwise
- Collaborate effectively and proactively as part of a team responsible for the design and deployment across multiple platforms of a complex audio software stack under strict schedule and architectural constraints
- Prototype, demonstrate and implement new features and technologies across all layers of the audio software stack with an emphasis on the audio plugin layers
- Implement and optimize software build, release, testing and documentation processes to ensure reliable and effective internal, cross-functional and external SDK deployment of the audio plugin deliverables under strict schedule constraints
- Develop test protocols and applications for the evaluation of prototypes and validation of implementations. Collaborate with the test team to develop automated testing of key features
- Create clear and thorough documentation for internal and cross-team reference
- Generate new and unique IP
- Significant experience (minimum 3 years) as a lead software developer designing, implementing, and testing audio technologies, systems and applications in C/C++ for shipping commercial software
- Experience designing and maintaining new audio APIs and developing cross-platform audio libraries (e.g. Win, Mac, Linux Android).
- Solid knowledge and experience with game audio development and middleware environments: Unity, Unreal, Wwise. Experience developing interactive games, audio applications and/or audio plugins using one or more of the above frameworks
- Experience with professional software design tools and techniques: software version control systems such as Git/Gerrit and Perforce, performing code reviews of your own and/or other people’s code, planning and operating in an Agile/Scrum type environment
- Solid knowledge of audio, acoustics, psychoacoustics, and virtual/augmented reality. Practical understanding of 3D math (vector operations, bounding volumes, transform operations)
- Binaural audio, Ambisonics, object-based immersive audio, artificial reverberation
- Web and hardware-accelerated audio rendering APIs (WebAudio, OpenAL/EAX…)
- VST/AAX/AU plugin development for digital audio workstations (Pro Tools, Reaper, Logic…)
- Matlab, Faust, SciPy or similar; Max/MSP, AudioMulch or similar; C#, Python; JUCE
- BS/BA in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is required. MS/MA preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines