Senior Counsel, Privacy
Plantation, FL (HQ)
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We’re adding another dimension to computing where the digital respects the physical and they work together to make life better. We are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and we’re growing quickly. Join us and play a role in shaping the way we’ll experience our world tomorrow.
Our Legal and Compliance team helps counsel Magic Leapers on challenging, novel problems that affect our platform, products, services and users. As Senior Counsel, Privacy at Magic Leap, you will be responsible for providing legal counsel on data privacy and security laws, as well as related regulations and industry best practices, to a wide array of teams and business units within Magic Leap.
- Draft, implement, and oversee internal privacy and data security policies, strategies and procedures.
- Assist in the operation of Magic Leap’s privacy program, including, but not limited to, maintaining internal documentation and drafting consent and notice language as needed.
- Work with and actively engage cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, business development, security, finance, and sales teams, to mature Magic Leap’s privacy program.
- Drive thought leadership of, develop, and implement privacy strategies and processes.
- Review and negotiate data privacy and security provisions in a wide variety of transactions.
- Assist with implementation of compliance requirements related to region/country-specific privacy requirements, data protection regulations, and data transfer restrictions or requirements.
- Monitor privacy and data-related compliance and adherence to global privacy requirements and standards.
- Assist the Information Security team in the review and coordination of potential privacy or data security incidents.
- Develop and deliver privacy training and awareness programs.
- 4 to 6 years of experience working in an AM Law 100 law firm or in-house legal department on privacy and/or data security matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global, federal and state privacy laws and regulations.
- An innovative and effective approach to solve complex legal issues in order to support strategic business initiatives.
- Ability to translate legal advice into actionable guidance for product and business teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and meet deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A high level of professionalism, outstanding business judgment, and superior legal analytical skills.
- Familiarity with licensing and technology transactions preferred.
- Experience with related areas, including government requests for information preferred.
- Enthusiasm for/understanding of/early adoption of new technologies.
- CIPP/US or CIPP/E certification preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.