Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, games and user experience. We’re adding another dimension to computing where the digital respects the physical and they work together to make life better.
We are headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, and we’re growing quickly. Join us and play a role in shaping the way we’ll experience our world tomorrow.
About Our Team
Our Legal and Compliance team helps counsel Magic Leapers on challenging, novel problems that affect our platform, products, services and users.
About the Job
As Counsel, Privacy & Compliance at Magic Leap, you will be responsible for providing legal counsel on data privacy, import/export, consumer protection and a wide range of other laws related to product compliance, as well as related regulations and industry best practices, to a wide array of teams and business units within Magic Leap.
- Draft, implement, and oversee internal privacy and other product compliance policies, strategies and procedures, including related to import/export, health regulatory, and consumer protection issues.
- Assist in the operation and maturation of Magic Leap’s product compliance programs.
- Work with and actively engage cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, business development, security, finance, and sales teams, to deliver appropriate and timely legal advice on a wide variety of product compliance matters.
- Drive thought leadership of, develop, and implement product compliance strategies and processes.
- Review and negotiate compliance provisions in a wide variety of transactions.
- Assist with implementation of compliance requirements related to region/country-specific requirements, including data protection regulations, import/export requirements and other regulatory requirements.
- Develop and deliver product compliance training and awareness programs.
- At least 6 years of experience working in an AM Law 100 law firm or in-house legal department on product compliance matters.
- Demonstrated knowledge of global, federal and state product laws and regulations, including in the areas of privacy, import/export and other related compliance areas.
- Experience standing up and operating internal compliance programs.
- An innovative and effective approach to solve complex legal issues in order to support strategic business initiatives.
- Experience translating legal advice into actionable guidance for product and business teams.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage a diverse workload, and meet deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A high level of professionalism, outstanding business judgment, and superior legal analytical skills.
- Familiarity with licensing and technology transactions.
- Experience with related areas, including government requests for information.
- Enthusiasm for/understanding of/early adoption of new technologies.
- CIPP/US or CIPP/E certification.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.