Director, Developer Marketing
Plantation, FL (HQ)
Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
The Director of Developer Marketing will be responsible for helping to build a large, vibrant and active community of developers and setting the strategy for Developer Marketing in collaboration with Developer & Creator Relations teams. Specifically, they will be responsible for a strategy designed to drive advocacy, create community, foster education/learning, and ultimately grow the Magic Leap developer community.
In collaboration with Sales, Events, Public Relations, Experience, Developer Relations and Content teams, you will envision, plan, test, scale, and optimize initiatives designed to reach developers who may want to work and partner with Magic Leap. Those activities will include community building events, digital marketing, and the development of thought leadership and educational content.
- Lead the effort and set the strategy for developer marketing
- Build strategy in collaboration with developer relations and developer experience teams with regards to outreach, community building and education
- Craft strategy for purpose-driven campaigns, marketing planning, and campaign execution, handling multiple agencies with a specific focus on global, integrated activations
- Create content and campaigns designed to cultivate and strengthen relationships with a Magic Leap Developer network filled with technologists, industry leaders, and partners
- Gather insight from developer interactions and creating content that satisfies the needs of this critical audience.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to our developer relations, developer experience, and product teams regarding developer needs
- Work with developer relations to build a global developer advocacy and community engagement team to scale execution
- Drive our presence at the right conferences, hackathons, and meetups
- Contribute to media planning in close collaboration with social, PR and communications.
- Direct agencies of record to ensure positive relationships and facilitate groundbreaking, extraordinary work
- Oversee specific marketing budgets and monthly/quarterly forecasting and actuals reconciliation
- Experience leading developer marketing strategy for technology and/or consumer electronics brands
- An understanding of developer perspectives and how to drive platform adoption with a technical audience
- Creative and design eye with experience evaluating creative
- Ability to build positive relationships across a matrixed, dynamic organization
- Ability to collaborate while persuasively communicating ideas
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Microsoft office proficiency with advanced PowerPoint skills
- Seven (7) years of professional experience
- Five (5) years in agency management
- Two (2) years of branding or campaign management experience
- Previous experience as a developer (preferred)
- AR/VR experience (preferred)
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Marketing/Communications or related field