Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience.
We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
Magic Leap is seeking full-time technical wizards in embedded mobile operating systems at our corporate headquarters in Plantation, Florida. Provide your expertise to help us design, optimize, and develop an operating system capable of supporting the most optimal user experience ever seen.
If you are the successful candidate, you will get to work on a system that requires strict timing tolerances under heavy loads, novel approaches to displaying content, and much more. You will get to make tough technical decisions that help shape the direction of our product.
As the ideal candidate, you will have a significant track record of working on embedded device drivers.
- Part of team to deliver full Platform SW to rest of MagicLeap SW team, this includes writing drivers for all needed hw peripherals, writing the sw to boot the Operating System (including memory initialization, and platform initialization).
- Develop SW to test system functionality for use in debugging issues and factory validation.
- Debug Timing, Race Conditions, Memory issues on a daily basis in a timely manner, and may include use of JTAG debuggers, logic analyzers, etc.
- May have to travel to factory to debug HW-SW issues onsite in order to build MagicLeap hardware with quality and deliver units on time to various other teams.
- Work with other teams: HW, apps SW, middleware SW to debug cross-functional issues such as memory corruption, timing issues, and performance issues. Write detailed reports on the problem statement and how it was solved to be used as reference for future issues.
- Fluent in the C language
- Experience with embedded development practices
- Experience desired in Linux and other micro kernels, with sensitivity to performance, memory utilization, and extensible architectures
- Experience in designing and implementing asynchronous or concurrent multithreaded systems
- Must understand common protocols for communication with hardware and other software modules
- Must be a good communicator and self-motivated to complete projects, and enjoy hw-sw debugging
- Experience with real-time and time-critical systems
- Experience with machine vision
- Experience in a high-volume production environment
- Experience with commonly-used mobile operating systems (i.e. Android or iOS)
- Experience with using jtag / jlink debuggers, logic analyzers and other debuggers
- Experience in writing drivers for various peripherals over various interfaces: I2C, SPI, USB, PCIE
- Ability to work directly with hardware team for device bringup and debugging a plus
- Experience with embedded databases or interprocessor communication layers is a plus
- Factory testing process experience is a plus
- BA/BS is required
- MS or higher is preferred
All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.