Magic Leap is an eclectic group of visionaries, rocket scientists, wizards, and gurus from the fields of film, robotics, visualization, software, computing, and user experience. We are growing quickly, and this is the time to get on board and play a role in shaping the way people will be interacting with the world tomorrow.
We are seeking a self-driven and motivated Program Manager to provide their Program management expertise to Applications development teams. This position will offer you an exciting opportunity to work side by side with Development, QA, Product Management, UX, Program Managers to develop an exciting augmented reality experience for our consumers, will give exposure to many cutting edge innovations in the field, and provide first-hand experience in solving intriguing challenges as Magic Leap develops one-of-a kind technology. If you are a fast learner with a positive attitude, structured and attention to details, come join us in redefining the way people experience the world through unique Mixed-Reality technologies.
- Provide Program management leadership to Application Team(s) and Projects
- Program Manage one or more Software teams that focus on various experiences and applications such as Social, Gallery, etc..
- Develop and maintain project schedules, identify and track milestones, risks, and cross-functional dependencies
- Manage teams’ deliverables towards Software Program milestones, drive software integration and enable progress by removing bottlenecks
- Facilitate communication between project teams, QA, Product Management, UX, developers and coordinate deliveries
- Collect and validate project data, prepare project metrics & reports, and ensure that project's requirements & release plans are up-to-date
- Create and document program/project plans, user stories, change requests, release notes, and error reports
- Facilitate technical requirements and solution architecture
- Do root cause analyses, propose process & tool improvements, and implement approved changes.
- Identify gaps and innovate process improvements to gain operational efficiency
- Keep management informed of the status with regular reports
- Proven experience in managing Software teams in the Mobile, Consumer Electronics or Gaming industries
- 5+ years of experience in a Software Project Management/Lead role, with 5+ years of experience as a software developer
- Strong understanding of product development lifecycle and experience with both waterfall and agile methodologies
- Demonstrated experience in project planning, successful execution, and risk management
- An excruciatingly high-level of attention to detail with excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of professionals across different time zones
- Proven ability to understand embedded Linux architectural concepts and related technologies pros & cons
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C/C++, C#, Objective-C, Java
- Experience using the tools such as Confluence, JIRA, and data analysis tools.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field
- PMP or CSM certification a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.