When we started in 2012, we set out to reinvent men's basics — with underwear and socks as our starting point. Today, we are a full-fledged menswear brand that powers radically-efficient wardrobing. Rooted in smart design and performance fabrics, our products are engineered to work together through our pioneering “Daily Wear System”.
As we continue to expand our product offering and distribution beyond e-commerce, we are looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, and creative problem-solvers to join our rapidly growing team. If that sounds like you… keep reading.
We are seeking a Director, PR & Communications who will be responsible for executing proactive and reactive media relations, elevate industry leadership, and work to protect and enhance the reputation of Mack Weldon. Working closely with the CMO and leadership team, you will drive company news and announcements, issues management, and corporate media relations, including the development of PR materials and cultivation of relationships with key business and industry press.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead Communications at Mack Weldon–overseeing strategy, earned media, executive visibility, and thought leadership.
- Create long-term Communications strategies that build brand awareness, consideration, advocacy, and reputation.
- Develop stories, pitch reporters, and secure impactful earned media coverage across consumer lifestyle, business, and trade verticals.
- Build Mack Weldon and our internal experts as thought leaders with a proactive approach to speaking engagements, awards, and expert commentary.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create and execute integrated strategies around product launches, campaigns, partnerships, evergreen opportunities, and cultural moments.
- Write press materials and develop messaging points that clearly communicate Mack Weldon’s competitive differentiation and market position.
- Develop and maintain a network of media contacts and content creators.
- Coordinate media opportunities including: interviews, sampling, mailers, and more.
- Oversee tracking of coverage, performance, spend, and ROI.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 8-10 years of experience with a background in PR (agency or in-house)
- Experience in apparel/retail DTC is a plus
- Prior public relations experience, preferably in corporate communications
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, understand business challenges and recommend effective implementation plans designed to drive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven track record of developing and delivering multi-channel communications
- Demonstrated ability to shift priorities and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think creatively when solving problems, and when implementing and/or revising processes.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to work in our NYC office 3 days a week
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- It’s all about the people. To us, diversity is a strength. We check our egos at the door and value all backgrounds and experiences. From our employees to our customers to our partners—we build relationships that last.
- We give a s**t. Every detail matters. We research, we test, we adjust. We take pride in everything we do by being thoughtful in our decision making and design process.
- We put our money where our mouth is. We work with ethical and humane partners, we act with integrity and trust, and we take ownership of our actions and mistakes.
- We build for the future. First, we listen; then we think, plan, and act for the long-term. We see problems as opportunities and take calculated risks to build a company that lasts.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Hybrid office model (in office M/T/Th)
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks and drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Salary range of $130,000 - $180,000 *This range represents the low and high end of the anticipated base salary range for this NYC - based position. The base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience and qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to other MW employees.