Like most guys, we just want getting dressed to be easy. But somewhere along the way things got complicated. Nothing seemed to fit quite right, quality was lacking and shopping was a painful exercise of trial and error. There were somehow way too many options, or none. And whenever we did find something we liked, we knew it would be a little different the next time we looked. So we decided to fix that.
We started with underwear and socks, things that could make you more comfortable every single day. Since then, we’ve gone on to reinvent other essentials that didn’t meet our standards for comfort, performance, quality, or design. If you only need one version of it, we only make the best possible version—and once we get it right, we don’t change a thing.
We are looking for a world class VP of Brand Marketing to join our growing team. Reporting into our CEO, this person would oversee all aspects of Mack Weldon’s brand strategy, campaign execution, design and copy, creative production, PR & communications, events, partnerships, social media, and content. You will lead a team of designers, copywriters, and content strategists while working closely with our performance marketing team to design and deliver Mack Weldon’s overall marketing strategy. Your objective will be to build on Mack Weldon’s existing brand position by driving awareness and making the brand even more relevant and compelling. As a key member of the leadership team, you’ll be instrumental in crafting and evolving our brand story by providing innovative and cutting-edge marketing solutions. You should be a natural storyteller and strategist with a passion for connecting with consumers in non-obvious and creative ways.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Brand Strategy: Develop a brand marketing strategy that aligns with business objectives and is implemented across all marketing channels (paid, owned, and earned); steward and evolve the brand architecture to maximize awareness; establish customer-friendly product marketing criteria for ease of shopping.
- PR / Corporate Communications: Develop and execute messaging strategies to maximize reach and impact across consumer, trade, business, influencer touchpoints; manage external agency and internal PR resources; establish Mack Weldon stakeholders as thought leaders in key areas of expertise.
- Creative Services: Oversee key areas including graphic design / art direction, copywriting, and content creation; oversee outside creative agency and photo shoots, budgets, production; maintain / improve workflows between creative services and key internal customers including performance marketing, product / merchandising, digital product and corporate.
- Partnerships and Events: identify and manage brand partnerships including 3rd party retail, collaborations, press, or promotional events both directly and in partnership with product / merchandising team.
- Social Responsibility: establish CSR programs in line with company strategy and to maximize impact; build content to educate customers and work internally to engage employees.
- Social Media: own strategy for key social media channels, blog and influencers; continue to drive content and audience growth in line with targets.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS:
- Extensive experience in brand management for a consumer / eCommerce brand, marketing strategy, or advertising.
- A demonstrated track record of creativity, leadership, and driving business results in growth oriented companies.
- Being a practical, hands-on marketer.
- Strong management and leadership experience, with the ability to lead a team and drive multiple cross-functional projects.
- Ability to build relationships and work cross functionally, partnering with Performance Marketing, Digital Product, Merchandising, Customer Service, and Operations teams
- Exceptional storytelling and communication skills and copywriting abilities, including with respect to product merchandising.
- Highly analytical and can use data to help quantify brand impact
- Strong brand and creative instincts and comfort leading and inspiring creative teams.
- Demonstrated experience managing up with a high degree of autonomy and self-awareness.
- Extremely organized and adept at managing timelines, budgets and reporting.
- Experience managing and getting results out of agency and strategic partners.
- Sense of humor
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- We give a shit! - We care. We’re slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon and our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You won’t find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We won’t sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- It’s all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Office snacks and drinks
- Thursday happy hours