M3 - Accounting Software and Services for the Hospitality Industry
Who are we?
M3 is a Top 150 Workplaces winner named by the Atlanta Journal Constitution! Employee-owned, family-oriented, and a great place to grow your career. Our company-wide personal commitment to both clients and employees is simple: do the right thing and invest in long-term relationships. Together, we work to provide the highest standard of financial services and technology to deliver on our mission to drive hospitality company success. M3 helps make hospitality companies successful through technology that drives financial performance. Our software is the hotel accounting software used and trusted by the biggest names in the hospitality industry. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team!
We're located in beautiful, new buildings with Headquarters in Gwinnett County, GA just off I-85 and complete with an employee gym, bright, open work spaces and games in the break room.
Compensation and Benefits:
M3 offers a strong benefits package including a choice of one medical plan with 100% family employer paid coverage or two others, with 75% employer paid medical, dental and vision for the employee and family; life, long and term disability, and Long Term Care insurance that the company provides free of charge; 401k with a 6% match; three weeks paid time off; discretionary profit sharing; a great culture, competitive salary. We are a certified Drug Free Workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role will be responsible for managing customer relationships and designing new or modified functionality for hospitality web-based software projects. The Business Analyst will possess significant subject matter expertise pertaining to M3 software and will apply a methodical approach in identifying internal and external customer needs, developing optimal business solutions, eliciting and prioritizing business requirements, and translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
The duties listed below are the essential functions of this position, and they may change as the needs of the company demand. All associates are expected to do what is necessary to get the work done and to cooperate fully with their supervisor’s requests for additional or altered duties.
- Works independently to elicit and document business and functional requirements, based on project scope defined by Project Manager and stakeholders
- Subject matter expertise pertaining to M3 proprietary software used to analyze business functionality and identify solutions to meet or exceed the requirements
- Interviews customers, analyzes operations, determines project scope, develops technical requirement specifications for the Development Teams, documents and verifies results.
- Owns requirements across the SDLC and production
- Develops problem solutions by describing operational issues/requirements, studying system capabilities, analyzing alternative solutions and preparing detailed system specifications
- Prepares documentation for the Support resources on new functionality and supporting material for analysis of customer issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Collaborates with all members of product life cycle including QA, Development, Support, Training, and others
- 5 or more years of experience producing Functional Specifications or Business Requirements Documentation for software and hardware implementations; or 5 or more years of experience as a Subject Matter Expert of M3 proprietary software; or an equivalent combination of both.
- Bachelors Degree with a preferred major in IT, MIS or Computer Science or Business. Or, an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with both client facing and internal stakeholders
- Prefer experience working with integrations between software packages to ensure data is transferred accurately, smoothly and timely
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, spreadsheets and presentation software (MS Visio, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, TFS)
- CBAP, CCBA and/or Six Sigma certification strongly preferred
- Proven experience organizing and facilitating customer input sessions
- Experience documenting Business Process Flow Diagrams
- Accounting and/or Hotel experience
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods.
- Ability to perform work on a computer for extended periods.
- Ability to work predominantly in the office or from home as business needs and emergency situations necessitate.
- Ability to travel in representing the company’s interests required.
- Ability to attend work and meetings with excellent attendance and punctuality.