Lynx Analytics was founded in 2010 by a group of INSEAD students and professors with a strong research background in graph analytics. Several of our founders since then became professors and faculty directors of analytics centers at leading US universities.
Today, Lynx Analytics operates globally. We are headquartered in Singapore and have operations in Hungary, the United States of America and Hong Kong.
We provide innovative consulting and software services to leading companies in industries including life sciences, retail, telecommunications, and financial services. By harnessing our expertise in graph theory and AI, we continue to invest into R&D for novel architectures such as multi-modal graph representations that complement generative AI with graph neural network based predictions. This aligns with the goals of our clients to be able to predict and improve their business outcomes through knowledge graphs, personalization engines, or graph simulation.
The Data Scientist works on and leads complex data analytics projects using state-of-art modeling and data transformation approaches as well as Lynx’s proprietary graph analysis system/customer experience management solution.
S/he should be comfortable working with very large data sets residing in different data stores in disparate formats, and is strong with hands-on implementation with the potential to move fast onto a high-growth career trajectory.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Designing and delivering solutions for a defined Data Science related problem, with the ability to work independently
- Present the results for clients’ project teams
- Prepare presentations for the project stakeholders
- Create reusable documentation, presentations and code libraries during the project
- Support Project Manager to design solutions
- Leading smaller data science tasks with the help of internal leadership and project managers
- Participating in internal education and research tasks
To succeed in this role, you should fulfill the following requirements:
- 1 to 3 years of experience of any of the following fields: finance, telecommunication, retail, public, healthcare.
- 1 to 3 years overall experience in data mining and/or data science field.
- Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering or related degree (MSc is preferred)
- Understanding complex data science solutions
- Strong knowledge of probability theory, statistics, data science algorithms and their application in Customer Retention, Campaign Management, etc. areas
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and data visualization skills
- Coding abilities in at least one of the following languages: Python (preferred), R, SAS, C, JAVA (or similar)
- Strong knowledge of DWH querying languages (like SQL, Hive, Teradata, MySQL, etc.)
- Knowledge in applied graph theory is an advantage
- Software Engineer skills are not needed, but the candidate is expected to be able to write simple code to prototype and test analytical ideas
- GitHub knowledge is a plus
- Willingness to travel