Lightship is the virtual-first provider that is perfecting the way clinical trials get done. Because clinical research plays such a vital role in bringing life-enhancing and lifesaving innovations to market, Lightship pursues operational excellence to clinical studies. Our end-to-end hybrid delivery model, our diversity of skillsets, and in-house care team ensure sponsor success and the best possible patient experience. With a problem-solving mindset, we strive to make every clinical trial better than the last. Operational excellence is not a goal, but a way of doing things at Lightship.
Lightship is seeking for Director of IT Product Management with deep experience in Life Sciences, specifically in clinical research. Prior experience should include gathering and prioritizing requirements for the product, defining the vision for the product, and collaborating with other directors from the Engineering, Clinical, Patient Engagement, and Operations departments to ensure that the financial and consumer satisfaction goals are met.
Given Lightship’s distributed model and the remote nature of this role, a successful candidate will possess a willingness and desire to work independently without significant oversight.
We would like to offer you:
- An opportunity to help re-envision how clinical research is executed with inclusivity, increased diversity and accessible at the core
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically-oriented, collaborative team to support in the delivery of enterprise grade virtual-first clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow as part of an established startup with industry veterans, high-caliber investors, and a massive market opportunity
- Competitive compensation
Generous benefits package, including:
- Top notch healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), plus paid holidays and bereavement to help support work life balance.
- A 100% 401(k) company match for up to 4% of eligible contributions with an immediate vesting.
- A home office stipend to set yourself up for success in our distributed working environment
- Company provided laptop, your choice of a PC or a Mac
- Monthly stipend for internet and phone expenses
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short & long-term disability
- Life insurance and More!
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the functions of Junior Product Manager, Product Manager, Senior Product Manager, and Head of Product Management ensuring efficient and effective execution of the workstreams managed by these roles.
- Liaising with other Product Line Directors including but not limited to Directors of the engineering, marketing, sales, Clinical, and design departments.
- Alongside other product managers, developing, defining, and overseeing the product roadmap managing the product roadmap in order to ensure deliverables. Incorporating the existing development backlog and as determined by the business, customer, and other key stake holder
- Building an understanding of the product vision, business case, and execution plan fellow among team members.
- Maintaining strong working knowledge of Lightship’s business strategy, technology vision, products and services, policies, etc.
- Managing and oversee the training for the new products and modules created
- Contributing to data management oversight and Study build activities
We are interested in candidates with the following:
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with executive leadership and bridge gaps between IT and other business units
- Ability and willingness to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Highly skilled in negotiation and problem-solving
- Ability to be collaborative and to encourage collaboration
- Ability to focus more on business value results than solutions
- Ability to positively influence others and to break down organizational silos
- Demonstrated fluency in business process analysis
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
Education and experience
- Prior experience working in a similar role within a Contract/Clinical Research Organization and/or a large life science technology platform company.
- Expertise in functional understanding of CTMS, eSource, eConsent, EPRO and similar solutions used to support clinical trials.
- Experience in Salesforce technologies may be added advantage
- Highly conversant in both functional and technical aspects of clinical trials.
- Undergraduate degree in business, IT or life sciences or other discipline combined with appropriate relevant experience. Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
The following relevant professional certification are desirable but not required:
- Business Relationship Management Professional (BRMP®)
- Certified Business Relationship Manager (CBRM®) preferred
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the Law
Please note: For the safety of our patients and each other, all positions at Lightship that require travel, in-person participation, or are patient-facing, do require vaccination against COVID-19.
#jobs #careers #nowhiring #hiringnow