Lightship is the premier provider of enterprise level, technology enabled decentralized clinical research services. In this capacity, Lightship makes research participation more accessible for everyone by functioning as a telemedicine-enabled clinical research site within a research study.
The Senior Director, Talent will continue to build out and provide overall management for the full life cycle, end-to-end recruiting efforts for Lightship. You will be tasked with ensuring that we continue hiring phenomenal team members at scale, and will be responsible for defining the approach we take to talent acquisition scale and growth, in partnership with the Chief People Officer. This person will be directly responsible for continuing to establish and evangelize the Lightship brand; sourcing and maintaining a continuous pipeline of highly qualified candidates through research and market intelligence, and conducting direct outreach activities that enable consistent hiring of high-caliber team members.
The Senior Director, Talent will thrive and excel in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; seeking to improve operations, iterate with learnings, and aim to be a forward-thinking thought leader in the industry. The right person for this role is a go-getter and self-starter, comfortable being scrappy, leads with curiosity and agility and is an exceptional communicator – embodying the ability to effectively communicate across diverse levels within the organization. This person should be energized about building and leading an inclusive talent function; proactively anticipating recruitment needs, building trusted relationships across internal and external stakeholders, pushing the boundaries of non-biased, thoughtful, talent approaches, and ensuring that all Talent processes are people-centric.
Given the distributed team model at Lightship, this position operates in a remote capacity with a strong preference for candidates in the Northeast region of the US (ideally in New York or Boston). The right candidate will possess a willingness and desire to work independently and autonomously; being a proactive self-starter is a must. Overtime, this position may require mild to moderate travel – approximately 20%.
We would like to offer you:
- An opportunity to help re-envision how clinical research is executed with inclusivity, increased diversity and accessible at the core
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically-oriented, collaborative team to support in the delivery of enterprise grade direct-to-patient clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow as part of an early stage startup with industry veterans, high-caliber investors, and a massive market opportunity
- Competitive compensation
Generous benefits package, including:
- Top notch healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), plus paid holidays and bereavement to help support work life balance.
- A 100% 401(k) company match for up to 4% of eligible contributions with an immediate vesting.
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short & long-term disability
- Life insurance and More!
As the Senior Director, Talent You Will:
- Design, build and implement a scalable talent acquisition function to support business objectives; developing strategic and creative sourcing techniques and maintaining a continuous pipeline of highly qualified candidates and grow the company’s brand as a place where talented individuals want to invest their time and abilities
- Own and execute end-to-end recruitment across all levels and teams within the company
- Partner with the Chief People Officer and other Lightship leadership and team members on diversity, equity and inclusion efforts; drafting job descriptions with inclusive language, continuing to establish organizational policies that support all employees, building strong relationships with groups and candidates that increase the diversity of the organization, ensure that hiring is executed with an anti-racist, anti-biased lens, serve as an advocate for underrepresented groups and the importance of equity and parity in hiring systems and processes
- Build strong relationships with Hiring Managers to ensure the ability to influence, guide and drive the recruiting process; partner closely with these Hiring managers to execute recruitment processes in a targeted, consistent way
- Evaluate candidates by identifying job requirements and applicant qualifications in partnership with hiring managers; thoughtfully interview applicants on a consistent set of qualifications while maintaining the company’s high level of standards; evangelize this process in an accessible, inclusive way
- Leverage the external online recruiting resources and the in-house ATS to identify and recruit the strongest candidates available; serve as the point person for all job postings, advertising and marketing/outreach
- Develop and maintain a database of contacts and key companies to help identify and source qualified candidates; ensure complete records are available for an audit if required, including tracking reports for EEOC reporting purposes
- Proactively manage and coordinate all candidate communication with a people-centric approach throughout the recruiting process
- Partner with Finance during the offer process on employment agreements, contracting, and other relevant candidate documents
- Partner with People Operations on the employee onboarding process, ensuring that all new team members are set up for success and supported as they integrate into the organization
- Partner closely on other relevant People Operations projects
- 10+ years of talent acquisition experience in a high-growth and scaling environment; ideally with experience scaling between 50-500 employees
- Requisite combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience in an entrepreneurial or growth-stage environment; demonstrated ability to innovate, experiment and implement continuous improvement
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills; ability to build trust with a diversity of stakeholders inside and outside the organization
- Demonstrated ability to “operate like an owner” and show a relentless commitment to excellence
- Strong servant-leadership toolkit; can lead with clarity and calm through business changes, embodies the Lightship values, and builds an engaged and high-performing team
- Data-driven with the ability to build and accomplish quarterly KPIs
- Deep knowledge of best practices for recruitment, inclusive of interviewing approaches, best practices, market trends and technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively with Hiring Managers at all levels of the organization, and across functional areas
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively and constructively to problem solve
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Software skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, LinkedIn Recruiter, Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience with Greenhouse preferred
- Experience/exposure to healthcare, preferred
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law. EEO is the Law
Please note: For the safety of our patients and each other, all positions at Lightship that require travel, in-person participation, or are patient-facing, do require vaccination against COVID-19.
#jobs #careers #people #talent #nowhiring #hiringnow