Lightship is the premier provider of enterprise level, technology enabled direct-to-patient clinical research. In this capacity, Lightship functions as a telemedicine-enabled site within a research study, which makes research participation possible for patients through the use of technology and home visits by our nurses.
An Advanced Clinical Research Practitioner is an experienced healthcare provider (e.g. Nurse Practitioner [NP], Physician Assistant [PA], Clinical Nurse Specialist [CNS]) who joins our team to support the efforts to conduct clinical research studies. The Advanced Clinical Research Practitioner supports the Principal Investigator in the management of study patients and protocol tasks as delegated for a specific study. Advanced Clinical Research Practitioners will have the appropriate education, background, and qualifications to complete the tasks specifically delegated and per study sponsor requirements.
This is a part-time (20 hours a week) remote 8 month contract. A successful candidate will possess a willingness and desire to work independently without significant supervision. Additionally, this position will require practitioner to drive to the patient’s home (approximately 80%).
Advanced Clinical Research Practitioner is responsible for:
- Working with the Lightship study teams to execute clinical research activities, which will be delegated by the Principal Investigator to the Advanced Clinical Research Practitioner and the study team based on education, training, and experience
- Completing study visits with patients in their home per protocol requirements and adhering to relevant federal, state, and local research regulations
- Ensuring compliance with each study’s protocol by providing thorough review and documentation at each patient visit
- Performing protocol defined procedures and assessments, including, but not limited to, clinical examinations, efficacy evaluations and safety assessments.
- Administering investigational medications or providing patient education regarding administration, as necessary
- Ensuring that appropriate medical care is coordinated for study patients for issues related to study participation and facilitating care of health issues that may arise during the study
- Identifying, documenting, and reporting adverse events per protocol, study instructions, and Lightship SOPs
- Ensuring proper storage for the investigational study product, study materials, and supplies as needed
- Participating in telemedicine calls with study patients, as needed
- Completing telemedicine training and other training activities provided by Lightship, including those related GCP, Biomedical Research, and Lightship-specific SOPs
Advanced Clinical Research Practitioner has:
- Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to follow clinical protocol and comply with study specific procedures
- Ability to properly execute research responsibilities as delegated by the Principal Investigator
- Ability to participate in the protocol, GCP, and other required study trainings
- Adequate technological skills to adapt to new programs, systems, or devices
- Ability and comfort in working with remote personnel
- Ability to conduct study visits at the patient’s home and via telemedicine
- Knowledge of clinical documentation practices
- Education and experience
- Current valid NP, PA, or CNS license
- Two (2) years of recent clinical practice experience as a NP, PA, or CNS in a hospital, clinic or similar health care setting, preferably in Dermatology
- Two (2) years of sponsored clinical research experience, preferred but not required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Personal vehicle may be required for on the job transportation
We would like to offer you:
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically-oriented, collaborative team to support in the delivery of enterprise grade direct-to-patient clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow as part of an early stage startup with industry veterans, high-caliber investors, and a massive market opportunity
- Competitive compensation
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.