Lightship is the premier provider of enterprise level, technology enabled direct-to-patient clinical research. In this capacity, Lightship functions as a telemedicine-enabled site within a research study, which makes research participation more accessible for everyone.
Lightship is seeking an experienced strategy and management professional with a deep knowledge of pharmaceutical industry and experience in deploying novel clinical trials solutions at an accelerated rate to join our team as a Director, Clinical Trial Design. The candidate should possess a strong background in the Life Sciences or biopharmaceutical industry. They will work in a pivotal role collaborating across the company with various Lightship teams to spearhead the client engagement during the design phase of clinical trials.
This position is remote, with preference for location in East Coast or European time zones. A successful candidate will possess a willingness and desire to work independently without significant supervision. Additionally, this position has potential for moderate travel in post-pandemic conditions in the future up to 10 days per month, location dependent.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with clients across various points of contact
- Spearheading communication with the client during the design process; tracking client’s progress within Lightship’s pipeline
- Leading efforts to design and develop Lightship services, ensuring seamless communication and collaboration among all stakeholders
- Gathering and understanding clients’ requirements and designing and presenting effective research solutions that elegantly utilize Lightship’s capabilities
- Developing, leading, and improving client interactions and presentations as it relates to study design
- Continuously developing and evaluating opportunities to improve, enhance, or expand Lightship services, offerings, and client engagement
- Ensuring that design of each program includes development of processes, guidelines, and requirements which can be followed throughout the program’s lifecycle
- Participating in the review and analysis of program opportunities
- Providing clients’ perspectives internally to Lightship and Lightship’s perspective externally to clients; incorporating clients’ insights into future business offerings
- Bachelor’s Degree, required
- Background in Life Sciences or biopharmaceutical industry, required
- Excellent understanding of commercialization and the principles of drug discovery and development
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and to communicate at a senior management level
- Ability to work independently and as team player, including in complex, dynamic teams
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, clients, and customers
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work simultaneously on multiple priorities, and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced degree in healthcare-related field, preferred
We would like to offer you:
- A platform to develop your professional sales skills in healthcare
- An opportunity to help re-envision how clinical research is executed and deliver high-quality research outputs
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically oriented, collaborative team to deliver enterprise grade direct-to-patient clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow with the organization
- Competitive compensation including a performance bonus
Generous benefits package including:
- Top notch healthcare (medical, dental, and vision) for you and your family, effective on day one of employment.
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO), plus paid holidays and bereavement to help support work life balance.
- A 100% 401(k) company match for up to 4% of eligible contributions with an immediate vesting.
- Generous paid parental leave
- Short & long-term disability
- Life insurance and More!
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable law.