Lightship is the premier provider of enterprise level, technology enabled direct-to-patient clinical research. In this capacity, Lightship functions as a telemedicine-enabled site within a research study, which makes research participation more accessible for everyone.
The Senior Director, IT Program Management is responsible for planning and execution of large IT programs or projects and managing a portfolio of IT projects. The individual will be responsible for program & project delivery including managing program scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communications, procurement and resources.
Given the distributed team model at Lightship, this position operates in a remote capacity with a preference for candidates in the East Coast region of the US. The right candidate will possess a willingness and desire to work independently and autonomously; being a proactive self-starter is a must.
You will be responsible for:
- Leads the identification and implementation of project management processes, methods, tools, guidelines and standards in order to establish a stable framework that supports all project teams and stakeholders to improve the probability of successful project delivery
- Ensures that all programs and projects follow set standards: workplan, budget, project organization and governance structure, communication, change management, performance management
- Collaborating with the business to assess and recommend solution options to meet business need
- Responsible for delivering outcomes tied to business value and focused on optimization of end-to-end process and user experience
- Establishes and maintains appropriate business relationships with stakeholders and acts as focal point for program-related activities
- Manages and mentors internal and external project management and team resources
- Ensure appropriate budget development and forecasting for all assigned program and projects
- Ensures effective communication with all project stakeholders including steering committees, core team members and project owners
- Responsible for resource management, including resource conflict resolution, for assigned programs/projects
- Drive continuous improvement through lessons learned, innovative and agile thinking
- 8+ years IT project management experience of increasing project size and complexity within the life sciences industry strong preferred.
- Bachelor's degree; specialization in IT or Management Information Systems (MIS) preferred.
- Strong influencing skills required
- Strong analytical skills required
- Sound business and technical acumen
- Ability and desire to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment
- Strong Time Management, Organization and Execution Skills
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills required to effectively work across a diverse group including executives, managers and Subject Matter Experts (SME)
- Effective interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to understand/dissect organizational culture and tailor communication and processes to successfully navigate the same.
We would like to offer you:
- An opportunity to help re-envision how clinical research is executed and deliver high-quality research outputs
- The chance to work with a patient-centered, clinically oriented, collaborative team to deliver enterprise grade direct-to-patient clinical research solutions at scale
- An unmatched opportunity to grow as part of an early stage startup
- Competitive compensation including a performance bonus
Generous benefits package, including:
- Health, dental & vision that are effective on day one of employment
- 401K with company match
- Generous parental leave
- Short & long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fitness reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discounts (retail, hotels, food, restaurants, car rentals, and much more)
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO), plus holidays and bereavement leave
Our commitment to diversity & inclusion:
Lightship is an equal opportunity employer and promotes a diverse and inclusive workplace. Lightship considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.