WE HAVE CREATED A WORLD WHERE ART AND SCIENCE ARE BEST FRIENDS
Known is a modern marketing company engineered for the unprecedented opportunities and challenges facing marketers today. We are about 500 people strong, pairing PhD data scientists with award-winning creatives, strategists, engineers and expert research teams to produce some of the most innovative and cutting-edge creative work in culture. We believe that when creative truly collaborates with science, strategy, and technology, amazing things can happen.
Our clients span the leading brands in finance, technology, media, CPG, real estate, and many other categories. These partnerships have earned us multiple awards and recognition: Emmys, Clios, Effies, Cannes Lions Awards, ProMax Agency of the Year, and most recently, Digiday’s Most Innovative Media Agency.
We couldn’t create this award-winning work without seeking out and hiring the best talent. What does it mean to be a Knowner? We are curious innovators, knowledge-hunters who are constantly challenging ourselves to do better and be better for our clients, for our team and for our world at large. Our offices around the U.S. are open and while most of our people work in a hybrid setting, we are a distributed workforce with a number of Knowners working remotely.
BUT ENOUGH ABOUT US, LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU
About the role:
Known’s Media Science team uses advanced analytics, machine learning, statistics, and algorithms to plan and optimize advertising dollars. We partner with our clients to translate their business goals into meaningful metrics, and to plan and buy media across all channels to drive those target outcomes.
We are looking for a Media Strategist to join the team and work alongside data analysts, buyer scientists and channel activation teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Media Strategy
- Support the development of cross-channel strategy & planning
- Develop a deep understanding of clients’ business goals, marketing objectives and competitive constraints, driving media planning insights
- Collaborate with data science and channel leads who are responsible for driving campaign performance goals through the application of scientific methods and technology
- Remain fully embedded in all aspects of the campaign including the planning process, through campaign execution and measurement
- Client Relations & Account Management
- Support assigned aspects of client relationships, delivering top-tier customer service
- Foster collaboration between teams; work with both internal partners and external agencies (where applicable) to integrate messaging & creative campaigns into overall media campaigns
- Management of all cross-channel planning operations (media plan files, flowcharts, RFPs, and upfront commitment deployment)
- Oversee timelines and internal cross-team work streams
- Campaign Execution
- Coordinate with buyer scientist and channel teams to translate strategy into activation, including executing media tactics and measurement plans
- Steward budget process from pre-campaign (budget views, draft billing, campaign and estimate creation) to post-campaign (actualizations, accruals, invoice approvals)
- Maintain flawless campaign operations, including timelines, contracts and financials
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE
- 2-4 years of media planning experience
- Broad knowledge of the overall media landscape, consumer behavior and media consumption
- Cross-channel understanding of the media plan ecosystem and lifecycle from strategy to reporting
- Curious mindset with strong critical thinking skills needed to solve diverse business challenges
- Experience working with clients, vendors or suppliers with the ability to develop trusted relationships
- Superb communication and developing presentation skills
- Exceptionally detailed oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively in a cross-functional environment (internally & externally)
- Desire to be a hands-on multi-tasker that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- A data-driven approach, leveraging insights to develop strategy and define measurement
- Experience using the Mediaocean platform
SOME OF OUR PERKS
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401k with company matching and no vesting period
- Annual bonuses
- Generous medical plan
- Paid parental leave
- Company-wide events and retreats
ONE LAST THING TO ASK YOURSELF
All this might sound great, but you’re probably still wondering, “Would I be a good fit for Known?” or “Would Known be a good fit for me?” Our culture is propped up by four values that we aspire to every day: We are one team. We see the good. We never stop learning. There’s always a better way. At Known we are setting out to build something more than just a company. We are building a legacy filled with exceptionally talented people with a kaleidoscope of backgrounds, experiences, and origin stories who feel encouraged and empowered to bring their whole selves to work, and to partner with us in molding and shaping our culture through our values.
Known is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or locally protected class.
The base salary for this position is $70K - $85K.
This range is posted in compliance with state and municipal Pay Transparency laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to receive additional Known benefits.