Our Human Insights team in our Strategy division is growing and we’re looking for a new Manager to join us. The ideal candidate is an experienced consultant, has a passion for tackling big questions, and is eager to help clients understand who their customers are, what they need, and how to connect with them.
As a leader on the strategy team, you will be responsible for servicing a major client relationship and leading an on-going series of research and strategy initiatives. You might touch a variety of industries: recently, our team has explored use cases and potential value prop for AR technologies, helped a leading b2b security provider launch their first consumer hardware product, and investigated the future of financial services and consumer perceptions of disruptor brands.
This position may be situated in any of our office locations (preferred) or remotely.
Specifically, you would…
- Project Management: You will manage a key account/client relationship, with an ongoing, retainer-based project that employs a hybrid qualitative-quantitative methodology
- As part of this project, you will moderate interviews with C-suite corporate executives, IT decision-makers, as well as product and marketing executives at Fortune 100 companies and large government agencies.
- From these interviews, you will extract key insights and write reports encapsulating findings and recommendations for each executive, for companies as a whole, and cumulatively.
- Ensure that our clients derive compelling insights and recommendations throughout the process, through delivery of reports, interactive readouts and ideation sessions.
- Create amazing, thoughtful, visually stimulating and clear presentations for our C-suite clients
- Beyond this specific project, we expect – and will help you! – that you will build new skills and grow into a leader at Known through:
- Business Development: Over time, we will work with you to develop skills around building and selling compelling proposals, maintaining strong relationships and developing repeat business, and attracting new business through networking & pursuing leads
- Enhance Known’s Reputation: We have differentiated ourselves by developing deep and long-standing relationships with our core customers. You would build on this reputation through the project management from proposal to final report, quality of research artifacts, quality of their deliverables, and depth of their insights.
We’re hoping you have…
- 4 + years at one of the following:
- A quality Strategy or Consulting company (eg. McKinsey, Strategy&, Accenture, etc.) with a B2B focus
- As an analyst in the financial sector covering B2B or B2C
- In a strategy or corporate development role inside a 1000+ employee company
- A B2B technology company (startup or established) in a Product or Strategy role
- An Ad Agency in a Strategy or Insights role focused on B2B clients
- Fluency in talking about strategic B2B problems, interpreting complex, ambiguous concepts and technology applications, and distilling them into crisp narratives
- An ability to produce high-quality, client-ready deliverables on time with minimal review or supervision from others
- Concise, insight-focused writing and a sharp attention to detail
- Moderation experience – in-depth interviews and/or focus groups – and superb communication and presentation skills
- A strong work ethic – you will often work with limited supervision and will be expected to deliver exceptional work
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office & Google Workspace
A bit about the Strategy team...
We like to think we are fun, smart, creative, and insightful … all the stuff every team likes to think about itself, but we’ll let you be the judge. We come from different backgrounds but we’re all fascinated by people and excited by ideas. We love to get into the weeds of everything, hack our way through to something meaningful, and connect the dots to craft stories that move people. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. And ultimately, we relish in the process of making things great (maybe that sounds cheesy… but it’s true).
… and about Known more broadly.
Known (www.known.is) is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by delivering clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Seattle and San Francisco, we are a community of extraordinary talent, working as one team to help our clients win.