Known (www.known.is) is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by delivering clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Seattle and San Francisco, we are a community of extraordinary talent, working as one team to help our clients win.
About the role:
Because of our success, Marketing leaders are looking to Known for advice on embracing modern marketing techniques, organization structure, and approaches. We’re looking for a Director, Marketing Advisory to join our Strategy team. We need a marketing athlete to be a special advisor to some of our c-suite clients as well as an internal engine to help Known Strategy leaders execute projects around new product development, new strategy positioning, and new lines of business.
The role is based in New York, NY.
- You have 7-10 years of experience in marketing roles and you are familiar with how marketing organizations work on the client side.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, you are comfortable tackling anything that comes your way, even if it isn’t straightforward. In fact, you thrive on interpreting needs (sometimes ambiguous), framing the problem and then finding solutions to and filling in the blanks.
- You aren’t averse to doing your own research, creating your own decks, or being your own project manager.
- You are a collaborator and are comfortable reaching out to internal team members, like data scientists, creatives, strategists, CX and subspecialties to gather multiple POVs on solutions.
- You enjoy learning about different industries, trends and expert POV’s, and have experience rapidly conquering the learning curve.
- You speak “executive” and are able to listen, interpret and refine C-suite client needs or Known Executive’s requests or business challenges, and respond with potential approaches and solutions that adapt to the unique style and preferences of the intended audience.
- You are flexible and agile and can seamlessly sync with internal teams, projects, timelines and available resources.
- Your presentation skills are exceptional. You have a knack for short, crisp storytelling, and your decks are clean, concise, defensible and to the point.
- You are a polished and professional communicator in both writing and speaking, and clients enjoy listening and speaking to you.
- You enjoy the surprise and delight moments of impressing your clients and observing the impact your strategies, recommendations and advice have on their business.
What you have done:
We’re open to talking to people from a wide range of backgrounds including:
- Consulting: with experience working on things like organizational design, marketing strategy and/or growth engagements.
- Agency: including marketing, advertising, digital, media or public relations agency.
- Client side: served in multiple marketing functions within a mid to large sized company.
We’re looking for people who have experience with many of the projects below:
- Creating decks for the C-suite
- Leading special projects and strategic initiatives for executives
- Advising marketing leaders on team roles & org structure
- Recommended staffing solutions for their internal marketing, advertising and analytics teams.
- Evaluating partners and service providers
- Creating workflows to help internal marketing teams and agencies work better together
- Leading strategic initiatives like increasing diversity
- Evaluating work product from client team members or agencies.
- Desk research to come up to speed on emerging issues ranging across culture, industry, and marketing.
You possibly have experience creating formal strategy frameworks at a C-suite focused strategy firm with specialties in things like:
- Organizational behavior & team building
- Marketing Operations
- Corporate Strategy
- Marketing Planning or Chief of Staff to a CMO