Our Human Insights team is growing and we’re looking for a Director to join us. This position may be located in any of our locations: Austin, Boston, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, or Seattle.
The ideal candidate is an expert qualitative researcher, has a passion for tackling big questions, and is eager to help clients understand who their customers are, what they need, and how to connect with them.
As a leader on the Human Insights team, you will be responsible for leading research and strategy for a portfolio of clients, growing our business, and mentoring a team. You might touch a variety of industries: recently, our team has explored use cases and potential value prop for AR technologies, brought various donor profiles to life for a beloved children-focused non-profit, and investigated the future of financial services and consumer perceptions of disrupter brands.
Specifically, you would…
- Lead strategic consulting engagements with our B2C clients across industries, with support from more junior team members
- Scope and oversee execution of strategic engagements across the product-marketing lifecycle
- Create amazing, thoughtful and clear data-driven marketing and product strategies
- Lead qualitative fieldwork engagements and directly execute and oversee primary research
- Collaborate with others across the agency to create compelling integrated deliverables
- Develop and own client relationships
- Become a go-to thought partner for clients at key accounts
- Generate new business opportunities, represent the Human Insights practice in cross-agency pitches, and develop proposals for new and existing clients
- Contribute to the growth and development of the team
- Nurture the growth of more junior team members
- Proactively identify opportunities and own workstreams to drive improvement in team processes, training, and culture
We’re hoping you have...
- 5+ years of progressively responsible qualitative research and consulting experience
- This can be at a boutique market research agency, design or innovation strategy firm, large consulting firm, or in a research/marketing role at a company
- Comfort with and confidence in advising client stakeholders at a variety of levels
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects with diverse stakeholders and hard deadlines, with minimal guidance and direction
- Experience with and demonstrated interest in managing/mentoring (in a formal or informal capacity)
- A high degree of aptitude in interpreting complex, ambiguous concepts and distilling them into crisp learnings and insights
- A strong work ethic. You will often work with limited supervision and will always be expected to deliver exceptional work
- A high level of proficiency with and flexibility to work across Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets) and Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, Excel)
- A desire and ability to travel both domestically and internationally
A bit about our Human Insights team...
We like to think we are fun, smart, creative, and insightful … all the stuff every team likes to think about itself, but we’ll let you be the judge. We come from different backgrounds but we’re all fascinated by people and excited by ideas. We love to get into the weeds of everything, hack our way through to something meaningful, and connect the dots to craft stories that move people. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. And ultimately, we relish in the process of making things great (maybe that sounds cheesy… but it’s true).
… and about Known more broadly.
Known (www.known.is) is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by delivering clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Seattle and San Francisco, we are a community of extraordinary talent, working as one team to help our clients win.