Known (www.known.is) is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Boston, Austin, Seattle, and San Francisco, we are more than 300 people, a community of extraordinary talent, working as one team to help our clients succeed.
We know that when Creative truly collaborates with Science and Strategy, amazing things can happen. And we’re seeing this work every day. We are currently looking for a Copywriter who shares this vision to join our team. As a member of the Brand Studio team at Known, you are tasked with creating award-winning, innovative, and compelling campaigns that drive brands forward. You have an insatiable thirst to find new ways to reach audiences, harnessing the power of modern production approaches, platforms, and methodologies. As a writer, you thrive on collaboration and understand how to partner with account teams, strategists, media planners, data scientists, production, and your art counterparts to blaze new trails and define the new era of modern marketing.
As a Copywriter at Known, you have a passion for writing and keen understanding of the specific demands of digital media. (In short: love words. Appreciate brevity.) You will also work across a variety of platforms including writing TVCs, paid and organic social, print, OOH and more. In addition to writing ad copy, you are responsible for brainstorming creative concepts with the team, developing original campaigns, and representing the writer’s perspective in client presentations. You express your ideas clearly not just on the page, but face-to-face, zoom box-to-zoom box. We’re looking for writers who are excited about digital experiences and who understand how to use both traditional and digital to hit campaign and business objectives. In this role, you will work across both client accounts and Known's own agency brand.
You’re the kind of person who gets excited and inspired by making things. You roll up your sleeves and can deliver quality work in a time-crunch. You have a knack for storytelling and presenting ideas in a way that makes people fall in love. Additionally, you’re collaborative, organized, and accountable, giving proper attention to the detail of your craft as well as bringing your teammates along in the process.
We’re looking for someone with a strong drive to collaborate, and someone who thrives on insights, data and possesses fearless creativity. But most of all, we’re looking for a genuinely good human being who we love working with.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a hands-on role in the delivery of outstanding creative and results, working collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team and environment (creative teammates, strategists, project managers and account team) to ensure creative work is on-brand, works hard and stands out amongst the rest
- Ensure consistency and efficacy of copy throughout all creative
- Write copy from concept to end product with the ability to self-manage multiple projects and tight timelines
- Work within the client’s established brand guidelines
- Leverage talent for copy and the written word to contribute to entire campaigns that solve for consumer needs and business goals
- Confidently present copy to teams and stakeholders, articulating and rationalizing copy decisions with strategic insights
- Work closely with our internal media planning team, strategists, and Creative Director to test a multitude of copy iterations including headlines, body copy, CTAs, etc. and be able to apply learnings to refine and deliver new creative and evolving best practices
- Stay consistently relevant and up-to-date on all copy and marketing trends, as well as cultural events in effort to bring fresh ideas, sharing with peers and the broader team
- Edit and proof copy as needed
- Write in multiple styles and formats ensuring tone and language is appropriate for brand personality
- Participate and contribute in creative brainstorms and collaborative work with the Creative Team
- Appraise and edit your own work, and bring a sharp eye for detail to every round of a project
- Be able to write in multiple styles, formats, and tones for a wide range of projects including, branding, TV, social, digital, print, OOH and more.
- Own the brand voice for our clients across all channels maintaining consistency
- Be fearless and not afraid to fail
- A curiosity about the work that’s pushing the industry forward, and an excitement to create, build, and craft things that never been done before
- A natural flare for the unique, the buzz-worthy and the culturally relevant with a willingness to push forward brave ideas
- The optimism to think bigger, the curiosity to dig deeper, and the passion to do better
- The ability to adapt to new ideas, processes, and business problems with ease and enthusiasm
- Ability to think strategically and conceptualize creatively
- Knowledge of copy trends and best practices
- A professional attitude and an openness to feedback that commands the respect of supervisors, clients, and colleagues
- An appreciation for the relationship between copy and design (and great design in general). We expect our copywriters to understand that a product isn’t truly great unless the copy and design support each other
- Solid grammar, editing and proofreading capabilities with an eagle-eye attention to detail
- Cross functional copy experience necessary
- Thought leadership: A strong point of view; ability to contribute to the creative and strategic development of a brand campaign, and the ability to promote conceptual thinking among the team/ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Team player with the ability to work with strategy, data science and account team in a fast-paced environment
- Strong and dynamic presentation skills
- A passionate desire to be a part of an agency built for modern marketing
- A love of the data and results and the gamification of the written word to keep pushing for record breaking KPIs in a campaign
- Strong work ethic
- A strong agency (or in-house agency) background as well as a proven ability to create copy for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries
- Demonstrated ability to interpret content/style and brand guidelines and extra points for creating net new copy guidelines
- Digital Copywriting portfolio required
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multiple projects simultaneously and a great sense of personal time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of copywriting experience at an agency or in-house agency
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Slides, Docs etc), Microsoft Office and some knowledge of Adobe CC programs