Known is a modern marketing company engineered to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities facing marketers today. We are setting a new standard by pairing data scientists with award-winning creatives, expert research teams, and strategists to deliver clients the most advanced, end-to-end solutions they need, in the most efficient, effective, and transparent ways. Anchored by two decades of groundbreaking market research and data science, we provide brands with consumer intelligence, strategy, media planning and buying, and renowned creative in all media, producing some of the most innovative, cutting-edge work in culture today. With offices in New York, Boston, Austin, Los Angeles and Seattle, we are a community of 300+ extraordinarily talented people, working as one team to help our clients succeed.
The Media Science team continues to grow and so does our need for a Senior Programmatic Trader (DV360). This position is responsible for the creation, maintenance, and optimization of our programmatic ad campaigns, using analytics, automation, piloting existing tools, or building new approaches and algorithms. Typically working in a team with at least one more senior member, our Senior Programmatic Trader is expected to have excellent critical thinking skills, with an innate sense of curiosity and the desire to explore new ways to evolve and improve our processes and offerings. In addition, time and project management skills are key to being successful in this role.
Being a Senior Programmatic Trader at Known is a unique opportunity for those advancing their career in this field. In addition to the analytics and operations which form the basis of our campaigns, this person will sometimes work directly with clients, attending client meetings and occasionally present results with support from more senior members. They are responsible for contributing significantly to deliverables, including regular campaign updates.
What You'll Do:
- Independently build and sometimes present campaign-related analyses and results. These analyses can include everything from domain analyses in the context of brand safety, experiment results, bid efficiency analyses, and landing page deep dives.
- Build campaigns and implement new optimizations, strategies and tests, such as creative A/B tests, domain-restricted line items, new audience-creative pairings, and other ideas for optimizing performance.
- Ideate on new analytical methodologies for optimizing our campaigns
- Validate data analyses by reviewing and performing audits of our data in reporting or creating new analyses that better serve our clients or improve our efficiency
- Day-to-day monitoring, management, analytics, optimization, and development of assigned campaigns
- Develop new approaches (algorithms, models, and automation) to optimize KPIs and improve Known IP
- Operate existing software infrastructure to traffic, evaluate performance, and analyze media
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university. STEM degrees are preferred.
- 3+ years professional experience in analytics, advertising, ad tech, or media
- 2+ years of professional experience working in platform within DV360
- Can exhibit technical leadership and critical thinking by reviewing and identifying errors
- Skills, Abilities, and Knowledge
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of the programmatic advertising ecosystem
- Knowledge of and in-platform experience building campaigns, trafficking assets, analyzing data, pulling reports, and implementing optimizations with the DV360 DSP
- High proficiency with Excel OR Basic coding experience
- Proven ability to work independently and efficiently
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Some experience presenting work and the desire to develop this area
- Aptitude for deeply interpreting data
- Experience working with log-level data is a big plus
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Nice to have: basic SQL skills
- Detail-oriented with a desire for managing the quality & accuracy of analytics, including checking your own and others’ work
- A desire to work on challenging problems that require flexibility in approach -- everything from on-the-fly analytics to statistics, big data, machine learning, and mathematical algorithms (but not alone!)
- Ability to think strategically, analytically, and proactively about diverse business problems
- Collaborative attitude
- Self motivated and exhibits initiative
- Willing & able to learn quickly
- Abundant intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity plan with profit sharing
- 401k with company matching and no vesting period
- Annual bonuses
- Vacation and anniversary cash bonuses
- Generous medical plan
- Paid parental leave
- In-house barista plus cold brew on tap!
Known is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or qualified job applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or locally protected class.