At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
IT Program Manager
Job location: our office in Ottawa, Canada. We work in a hybrid environment so you will be expected to be in our office 2-3 days per week.
About the team
As a key member of Kinaxis’ Corporate IT Operations team, your responsibility will be to lead and manage Kinaxis IT programs. In this role you'll be working with stakeholders from across the business, and within Corporate IT, and will also partner with external vendors and partners., You will focus on the planning and execution of complex IT programs to ensure they deliver value . You'll apply your seasoned project management skills and expertise to make sure projects deliver the maximum value to Kinaxis, while staying on time and within budget.
What you will do
- Manage IT programs and technology investments for benefits realization and ROI, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives
- Create and manage detailed program and project management plans for IT projects you're managing
- Strategically balance scope, cost and time while maximizing the value delivered to the business
- Work with stakeholders to identify risks and opportunities across multiple projects
- Align needs amongst multiple stakeholders to deliver upon a compelling vision
- Organize and manage interrelated projects
- Apply change, risk and resource management
- Report on program status to business sponsors, IT leadership, and other team members,
- Follow all standard policies at Kinaxis
- Mentor other IT team members in project and program management
- Work with the Manager of IT Operations to mature the IT PMO practice
What we are looking for
- 5+ years’ experience in a Program / Project Management capacity managing IT software projects, preferably in a fast-paced high-tech environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- Solid skills in leadership, facilitation and organization
- Ability to manage business and vendor relationships effectively
- Highly influential; proven ability to motivate project team members against deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex/technical matters to non-technical audiences
- Possess the ability apply creative thinking, leadership experience, proactivity, and prior experience to apply the right tools for the job
- Nice to haves:
- PMP, PgMP, MSP, or PRINCE2 certifications
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.