At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Software Developer II - Test Developer
Location: Bangalore, India
About the team
The Business Algorithms team at Kinaxis creates customized solutions to optimize supply chains. Ever wonder how the hundreds of parts in your new smart phone come together from different suppliers all over the world? Kinaxis solves problems like that every day.
Our customers have terabytes of data that needs to be analyzed for the largest supply chains imaginable. Our algorithms move the global economy-- in seconds, not hours, or days.
It’s Big Data with an impact; Data Science on the front lines.
The Algorithms team is a dynamic environment where real life supply chain problems are being translated into complex algorithms, coded, tested and released to the world-wide known manufactures. Developers and test engineers are working together towards high quality supply chain solutions, develop Next Generation frameworks, interact with Product Managers and the customer daily. We believe in the DevOps culture – we serve our own tools, frameworks, infrastructure. Automation is certainly at the top of our priority list.
What you will do
- Develop test strategies for new innovative development
- Build robust, reusable and scalable automated testing solutions
- Provide technical expertise in test automation, methodologies, processes, tools and techniques
- Drive improvement of development/testing processes and methodologies by introducing new and enhancing existing automation tools
- Identify and/or develop the appropriate approach/framework and implement automated test suites
- Contribute to a variety of complex test activities throughout the feature development lifecycle
- Contribute to testing Use Cases / Business Processes in the Supply Chain Management-related environment
- Participate in requirements elaboration and review product specifications
- Analyze test results, investigate root causes, and communicate them to the appropriate stakeholders
What we are looking for
- A degree in computer science / mathematics with at least 7 years of experience in a software development or test position
- Programming and scripting techniques/languages experience (TypeScript/C#/Java)
- Proficiency in creating and debugging script-based automated tests
- Applying the Agile/Scrum development methodology and working closely with development to deliver high-quality software in a CI/CD environment
- Knowledge and experience in relational database design and usage
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills
- Ability to search for and structure information regarding complex processes / functionality
- The ability to ‘think outside-of-the-box’ is crucial in this fast-paced environment
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
Things that would help
- Background in, understanding of Supply Chain Management especially in Manufacturing vertical.
- Experience in performance testing
- Familiarity with Jenkins CI/CD and release pipelines
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities
- Self-starter with strong initiative and results orientation
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
For more information, visit the Kinaxis web site at www.kinaxis.com or the company’s blog at http://blog.kinaxis.com/.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.