At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Job location: Chennai, India
About the Role
Reporting to the Director, Data, the Data Specialist will be a key member in the Quality Control program, and will provide easy access to consistent, high quality information, insights, and foresight to drive action and business decisions. Highly technical with a keen eye for detail, the Data Specialist will monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements in data, processes, and technical environment, and will partner with stakeholders within the Data team and across the business to implement those improvements
- Collaborate with team members (Data Architect, Data Engineers, Data Analysts) to develop and implement data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Support the Analytics & Business Intelligence platform by providing administration duties and analyzing usage
- Develop/Enhance our testing processes and procedures
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide /dashboards through compelling data visualizations methods to stakeholders (HR, Finance, Marketing, Product,…)
- Help automate/document processes and procedures for scalability
Primary Skills and Qualifications
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems, or demonstrated equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience demonstrating technical growth in SQL, analysis, and visualizations
- Experience with RDBMS and SQL.
- Highly adept with visualization methodology and tools i.e., Power BI, Domo,…
- Proactive and solution-oriented; approach challenges with a data-driven mindset
- Highly analytical
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively deliver recommendations and results to stakeholders, using data to tell the story
- Competent with variety of Software development methodologies like Agile, Scum, Waterfall,…
- Ability to travel to Canada as required and possess a valid passport (infrequent)
If you want to be part of a team that challenges you, moves fast, improves constantly, and makes a difference, let’s talk.
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.