At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Senior Manager, Academic Program
Job location: This is a remote position. You can work from home and be located anywhere in the Canada.
About the team
Reporting to the VP of Industry Outreach and Thought Leadership, the Senior Manager of the Kinaxis Academic Program is responsible for developing and managing an academic program for Kinaxis, both to have a presence in the classroom as well as align with academic thought leaders defining a top research agenda. S/he will lead the effort to have curriculum developed around our RapidResponse platform, engage in outreach to leading university programs, manage these relationships to ensure success, cultivate relationships with academic experts in areas aligned with Kinaxis, and evangelize our academic outreach externally.
The successful candidate will play a critical role in helping to shape a future generation of supply chain and analytics leaders as well as to leverage academic research to improve upon the practice of supply chain and analytics.
What you will do
- Develop strategy for Kinaxis Academic Program, main offerings and priorities, and target universities and alliances.
- Cultivate relationships and serve as liaison with leading universities, academic alliances and professional societies, and individual professors, including a few strategic partners.
- Lead strategy and effort to develop, deliver, and support an experiential learning offering for students, addressing issues like curriculum, software licensing, delivery, and support.
- Build talent pipeline for Kinaxis and customers by identifying programs best matched to hiring needs and collaborating with HR on programs to engage them in recruiting and hiring.
- Follow relevant market and research trends in supply chain and analytics and cultivate relationships with key academic experts aligned to these areas for both thought leadership and consultation opportunities.
What we are looking for
- Bachelors degree (preference for related field, e.g. business, analytics, supply chain, computer science, operations, industrial engineering); Masters preferred.
- Experience working with universities and knowledge of the academic world at both the teaching and research levels, preferably working directly at a higher education institution
- 5+ years of experience developing and managing programs
- Experience managing technology projects, including external customer support
- Excellent project and time management, prioritization and organization skills
- Preferred knowledge: supply chain, advanced analytics, and global business issues
- Proven ability to cultivate, manage and grow relationships with customers successfully
- Knowledge of marketing process and the ability to work with marketing department
- Ability to travel, up to 25% of the time, in North America as well as internationally on occasion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate both with peers
- Outstanding communication skills, written and spoken, to audiences large and small
- Experience and skill using social media to communicate ideas
- Ability to stay connected by using networking skills, understanding industry trends and understanding competitors
- Ability to work independently to develop program strategy and guide operations, including management of the Academic Program Specialist
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.