At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Senior Test Developer, Optimization
Job location: Ottawa, Canada
About the team
As a member of the Optimized Algorithms team, you will focus your skills and experience on designing, developing, performing and documenting complex test procedures for the analytics/optimization engine of our RapidResponse™ product. The development of the Optimization Engine is a young strategical initiative that requires both, smart utilization of the existing testing framework and designing the new ones to address new challenges.
The Optimized Algorithms team is a dynamic environment where you will succeed through quick learning and ability to undertake a variety of simultaneous tasks. Your passion for quality and detail will enable you to consistently deliver. Your analytical skills will be highly utilized to uncover the root causes of issues.
What you will do
- Develop test strategies for new innovative development
- Build robust, reusable and scalable automated testing solutions
- Provide technical expertise in test automation, methodologies, processes, tools and techniques
- Drive improvement of development/testing processes and methodologies by introducing new and enhancing existing automation tools
- Identify and/or develop the appropriate approach/framework and implement automated test suites
- Contribute to a variety of complex test activities throughout the feature development lifecycle
- Contribute to testing Use Cases / Business Processes in the Supply Chain Management-related environment
- Participate in requirements elaboration and review product specifications
- Analyze test results, investigate root causes, and communicate them to the appropriate stakeholders
What we are looking for
- A degree in computer science / mathematics with at least 7 years of experience in a software development or test position
- Programming and scripting techniques/languages experience (Python, .Net, Java)
- Proficiency in creating and debugging script-based automated tests
- Experience in performance testing
- Familiarity with Jenkins CI/CD and release pipelines
- Applying the Agile/Scrum development methodology and working closely with development to deliver high-quality software in a CI/CD environment
- Knowledge and experience in relational database design and usage
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills
- Ability to search for and structure information regarding complex processes / functionality
- The ability to ‘think outside-of-the-box’ is crucial in this fast-paced environment
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and flexible to changing priorities
- Self-starter with strong initiative and results orientation
Things that would definitely help
- Background in, understanding of Supply Chain Management
- Experienced in: statistical modeling, linear programming, heuristic and/or optimization algorithms, operations research
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes
- A graduate degree (Masters or Doctorate) in computer science, mathematics or statistics
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.