At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
VP, Cloud Services
Job location: Canada
About the team
The Cloud Services Team is responsible for designing and operating our unique infrastructure and data centers. This team is also responsible for delivering Software-as-a-Service to our customers globally, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The Cloud Services team ensures our services meet the highest standards when it comes to security, performance, and availability. We are looking for a VP, Cloud Services who is well versed in the strategic execution of private and public cloud offerings.
What you will do
- Responsible for the Cloud Services infrastructure architecture, implementation and 24/7 operations of Kinaxis data centers, including customer production and test environments
- Prioritize people development, with a high emphasis on understanding the talent we need to continue to evolve the team
- Foster within your own leaders a drive to consistently develop and invest in employees in order to attract and retain a diverse team that makes up the best talent for Kinaxis
- Collaborate with senior executives to develop and drive the long term Cloud Services strategy to accomplish the organization's business objectives
- Select appropriate Cloud services to design and deploy an application based on given requirements
- Manage and orchestrate the migration of enterprise products from data centers to public cloud providers and guide the development of infrastructure automation tooling
- Automate away toil and refine processes to allow us to scale our service footprint with increasing efficiency
- Ensure high availability of the platform through thoughtful monitoring, release practices and an efficient incident management system
- Responsible for the Cloud Services disaster recovery program and strategy
- Define annual and quarterly priorities of projects for the department; ensure follow-up and successful execution of projects within the defined timeframes
- Deliver operational efficiency and transparency through metric driven strategies and reporting
- Regularly interact with executives and major customers. Interactions require strong communication and relationship skills and ability to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the business
- Develop and manage IT budgets, work with IT vendors and VARs
- Provide required support to sales teams. Occasionally, prepare and make presentations to clients
- Must adhere to all security and confidentiality requirements for this position
What we are looking for
- 15+ years overall IT experience with progressive and global leadership responsibility at a senior level over the last 5 years
- Extensive experience with private and public cloud solutions
- Proven experience migrating & implementing both Cloud and Container technologies
- Experience managing Cloud Services data centers in multiple countries
- Proven experience in building best-in-class infrastructure architecture solutions
- Strong problem solving and vendor management skills, highly organized, detail oriented and able to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Successful track record of balancing internal customer needs and external customer needs
- A passion for metrics driven IT management and customer satisfaction
- Interpersonal and leadership skills, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Experience in collaborating with technology R&D teams and leaders to develop infrastructure and operational solutions, including deployment and automation for new product and services
- Ability to explain complex technical issues in a way that non-technical people understand
- A passionate leader with expertise in people and leadership development, with demonstrated history of driving strategic talent and skills programs that enable growth within the teams
- A “company first” mentality, and an ambassador to Kinaxis culture and values
- Experience with outsourcing and global work teams
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/MIS, CompSci or equivalent
- Able and willing to travel across North America, Europe and Asia as require
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. We strive to make our website and application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.