At Kinaxis, who we are is grounded in our common belief that people matter. Each one of us plays an important part in accomplishing our work, building our culture and making a global impact.
Every day, we’re empowered to work together to help our customers make fast, confident planning decisions. This is how we create a better planet – for each other, for our customers and for generations to come. Our cloud-based platform RapidResponse ensures that the products we need – everything from medicine and cars, to day-to-day items like toothpaste – make it to market and into our hands when we need them with minimal ecological footprint.
We make the world better, and you can too.
Principal Software Developer, ML Platform
Job location: Canada - remote
About the Team
The Machine Learning Platform (MLP) team designs and implements Kinaxis’ Machine Learning as a Service (MLaaS) Platform. The MLaaS Platform deploys scalable and highly available machine learning, data science and analytical solutions. Our team is unique because we live at the intersection of MLOps and Software Engineering – we build cloud-native solutions that empower our users to deploy applications quickly and seamlessly.
We are looking for a passionate, smart and experienced engineer to help us build MLOps tools to further accelerate our ambitions to make data-driven solutions easy to build, productize, and maintain.
What You Will Do
- Provide technical leadership in software design and code standards
- Lead development of complex features from inception to delivery
- Provide training, mentorship and feedback to other team members
- Build our MLaaS Platform using microservices architecture and container orchestration
- Write clean code that effectively communicates its own functionality
- Improve our quality by making necessary improvements to our code and our processes
- Work with the QA team in preparing test cases, plans and procedures
- Research and recommend new technologies that can help increase our velocity
- Investigate and troubleshoot defects in a timely fashion
- Participate in our Scrum ceremonies, design sessions and code reviews
- Work with team members in planning, prioritizing and executing tasks within deadlines
- Effectively communicate technical and product knowledge to stakeholders at various levels such as engineers, product managers, engineer managers, architects and upper management
- Collaborate with team members in discovering best practices and patterns for continuous improvement
What We Are Looking For
- Strong software engineering and MLOps skills and knowledge of best practices
- Experience engineering data-intensive, highly scalable software platforms, MLOps or SaaS products
- Degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
Things that Would Definitely Help
- Knowledge of Python (Django and Flask), Docker, Kubernetes, Helm and cloud services (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Understanding of the ML lifecycle
- MLOps using microservice frameworks, queuing systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka), event-based processing and web services
What we have to offer
- Challenging Work - We love solving highly complex problems. And as the global leaders in our industry, we never stop innovating—our work is never “done. That’s because across our teams and in all roles, every employee is empowered to bring their best ideas forward and to jump in and solve the problems they’re passionate about.
- Great People - We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously! It’s in our DNA to celebrate, laugh, and have fun. We are stronger, together, when we are open, honest, and above all, real. Every person is valued here and plays an important role in our shared success.
- Global Impact - As a global team spanning continents, boundaries, and cultures, every day we are inspired by the impact our work has on our colleagues, our customers, our communities, and the world at large.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Diversity, equity and inclusion are more than words to us. They are the guiding principles for building a culture where we celebrate each others’ differences, continuously strive for equality and recognize that inclusion makes us stronger as individuals, a company and a global citizen.
Kinaxis strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply to our welcoming community. Accommodations are available upon request for applications in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodation, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.