Khan Academy is looking for a proven Internet/online marketing/fundraising expert to join our philanthropy team and lead our online giving efforts. This manager will oversee and extensively grow our online giving efforts and campaigns from $6M/year to $20M/year in 3 years.
In this role, the manager will lead cross-functional initiatives, collaborating with marketing, product analytics, product management, engineering, and design to create expansive and segmented campaigns throughout the year to encourage giving by Khan Academy users and other supporters.
We are looking for a self-starter who can strategize, analyze and drive our online giving efforts. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in education, a desire to make a difference and a belief in our mission for a “free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.” Familiarity with the non-profit space is a plus, but not a requirement.
- Create and implement a successful online giving plan to increase our donations through Email Marketing, Display/Banner advertising, and Social Media marketing, including Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Develop strategies focused on increasing number of donors and giving per donor.
- Understand and drive analytics and reporting to better understand user/donor segmentation and campaign success
- Assess and drive website updates to align with best practices
- Champion online giving internally at Khan Academy
- Manage and mentor team members
- Successfully work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment with many strategic priorities
- Proven background in online marketing/fundraising (Emails, Display/banner, Social Media)
- Relentless and consistent desire to beat targets; once you take on a problem, you let no barriers prevent you from solving it
- To be a collaborative team player; people love working with you
- To be a problem solver by nature; you find your success working with and supporting teammates
- To have a strong desire to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proven people management experience
- To be a critical thinker who can lead and navigate through complex negotiations/discussions
- A bachelor's degree with 5-10 years experience or prior work experience relevant to the job or a masters degree with 5-7 years of prior work experience relevant to the job
- To be able to work full time from our office in Mountain View, CA
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View. On-site preferred, but possibility to work remote
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.