Khan Academy is looking for an exceptional Senior Program Specialist to spearhead our educator outreach programs and campaigns in Brazil.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for launching our Back to School programming (LearnStorm) and our Teacher Ambassador program in 2018. You’ll play a critical role in defining and scaling our education programs and serve as the principal liaison between KA and multiple key stakeholders in Brazil.
You’ll work closely with the Head of Latin America and internal teams to ensure we meet stakeholders’ needs while holding true to our mission of providing a “free, world class education for anyone, anywhere.” You will develop an in-depth understanding of Khan Academy and our initiatives, and bring a willingness to tackle challenging, complex problems with clear, structured thinking informed by research, analysis and creativity. Please note this is a full-time, independent contractor position based in Sao Paulo.
- Drive planning and execution of our Back to School programming (LearnStorm) in Brazil, including product, training, marketing, support, partnerships, localization and PR related activities
- Launch our Teacher Ambassador program and support the ambassador community so that it’s a deeply engaged network of teachers supporting KA
- Identify, structure and pilot new program opportunities to increase engagement with teachers to drive usage in and out of the classroom
- Coordinate across functions seamlessly and efficiently to implement programs/campaigns
- Measure and track the effectiveness of program investments in Brazil; provide analysis and recommendations on how to improve ROI
- Capture and share insights to inform product, programs and campaign; generate empathy for Brazilian market
- You have direct experience in the education sector
- You have strong empathy for educators and are passionate about cultivating communities to better support their needs and leverage their critical skillset
- You have experience managing partnerships and complex projects in Brazil
- You have strong project management skills
- You have strong attention to detail and organization skills
- You have excellent communication skills
- You’re a team player and people love working with you
- You’re a creative problem solver by nature
- You're comfortable working with data and using it to drive decisions
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 5+ years of work experience; teaching experience or previous work in an academic context a plus
- You have native or near-native proficiency in Portuguese and you are fluent in English
- You’re available to work full-time from Sao Paulo with travel to Mountain View, CA
HOW TO APPLY
**Note: Please submit your resume and answer the questions above in English only.**
In addition to sending your resume and cover letter please address the following questions.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.