Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly.
As India Marketing Manager you’ll build and execute high-value and high-profile initiatives including digital marketing, offline events and PR. Success in this role requires a strong proven track record as a data-driven digital marketer, strong empathy for users, and an entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll own these efforts but won’t be working in isolation; most efforts will be cross-functional, and many will involve outside organizations/partners as well.
- Drive awareness, advocacy, marketing, and storytelling around Khan Academy’s initiatives and campaigns to engage both current and prospective users
- Own, manage and execute overall marketing calendar
- Build and execute on online marketing channels including email, social, mobile, paid search, and influencer networks
- Develop and execute marketing programs with both online and offline components
- Work with external agencies as needed
- Define and track KPIs, as well as benchmark competitors, tying key metrics back to core business objectives
- Take a highly analytical approach to user acquisition and retention. Regularly run experiments, and develop an evidence-based approach
- You have 5+ years of experience in digital marketing and growth, exposure to product management is a plus
- You have strong knowledge of Indian cultural and media landscape
- You have demonstrated ability to build, execute, and scale cross-functional marketing programs
- You have direct experience with paid and organic tactics on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, Pinterest, YouTube, etc.
- You have some experience in executing offline events
- You have demonstrated ability to use data to develop and measure marketing programs
- You can think big to find strategic opportunities, but also consistently execute and jump in where needed (from copywriting to analytics to project management)
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity and a bias toward action
- You’re invigorated by the possibility of helping provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- You’re willing to travel and available to work full time from our office in New Delhi, India
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to sending your resume, please address the following question.
“In not more than 2 pages describe your plan to reach out to current and prospective users in India including a 6 month calendar of activities, channels, expected number of activations, potential reach, and budget.”
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.