Here at Khan Academy, we’re assembling a library of world-class instructional and practice resources to empower students everywhere. Whether they’re studying mammals, momentum, or monopolies, we want to offer students the resources and support they need to succeed on their homework and exams and to realize that they can learn anything. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
In particular, we’re seeking a curriculum writer to help build our resource library in micro and macroeconomics for Advanced Placement and introductory college-level students. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
This role is focused on curriculum design and content writing.
- Collaborate with our existing team and outside experts to refine Khan Academy’s economics curriculum
- Design and create articles and questions to help students internalize key knowledge, concepts, and skills
- Work with others to create videos
- Ensure content is high quality by working with students and teachers, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Extremely strong command of the content covered in micro and macroeconomics at the AP and introductory college level
- Experience teaching economics at the high school or college level, formally or informally
- Great intuition for how students like to learn and insight into common misconceptions
- Familiarity with common curricula and teaching methods
- Impeccable written communication skills and a bias toward action
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Computer skills (fluent with Google docs and spreadsheets) and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- This is a one-year fellowship position
- We have a preference for this position to be a full time position from our office in Mountain View, CA; in exceptional cases, we are also open to full time remote arrangements
- For applicants who plan to work full time from our Mountain View office, you’ll need US, Canadian, Australian, or Mexican citizenship, US Residency, or other authorization to work in the US
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive compensation
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that's already defining the future of education and improving students’ lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
If you work full-time from our office in Mountain View:
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- If you’d like to provide a more traditional cover letter addressing your interest in KA (in addition to the diversity-based response), please feel free to attach that below.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.