Khan Academy is looking for a passionate Community Support Associate to help change education – join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. The start date for this role will be the end of the school year / beginning of summer.
As Khan Academy’s first educator-focused Community Support Associate, you’ll be instrumental in ensuring that our teacher community has the support they need to use Khan Academy effectively, and that their needs are well-understood and advocated for internally. This job will include handling escalated support issues, managing online communities, and coming up with and executing process improvement projects. Someone with experience working in education and participating in online communities, who relishes identifying problems and then fixing them, will excel in this role.
We’re fun, quirky people that come from a variety of backgrounds. Khan Academy attracts talent from some of the top organizations in the Bay Area; our team includes individuals who attended private universities and community colleges, as well as folks who didn't graduate from college. Together, we’re a small but strong team, deeply invested in your future.
- You’ll be the primary point of contact for our educator support channel, working under our Community Support Manager. You’ll ensure our existing support processes are working effectively, conduct training and quality audits for our externally-based support team, handle any escalated issues, and file new bugs as necessary.
- You’ll also be the point person for our existing online teacher communities, and help brainstorm ways they can be expanded and improved. This includes helping manage our volunteer moderators, as well as communicating regularly with teachers in the community directly.
- In addition, you’ll also be responsible for keeping our Help Center content up-to-date and making sure new help resources are added as necessary.
- As the employee who works most closely with our online teacher community, you’ll be an essential voice of this segment of users throughout the company. You’ll work across the company with many different teams and individual leaders to ensure that we’re keeping user needs front of mind.
- You’ll also compile and send out periodic reports to ensure that the company at large is kept updated about relevant trends and community sentiment.
- As you work through our community support processes, you’ll be able to see where we could be doing better. You’ll work with our existing support team to design and implement improvements on a continual basis.
- A professional background in some aspect of education, ideally working as a teacher or with teachers directly
- Active participation in multiple online communities or social media platforms
- Excellent written communication, which you can adapt for a variety of online audiences
- Creative problem-solving abilities and demonstrated ability to teach yourself new skills
- An ability to manage a number of simultaneous projects and responsibilities within the timelines you’ve set for yourself
- You’re comfortable working autonomously, both with and without strong process structure
- You don’t take yourself too seriously
Nice to have
- Professional experience in support or online community management
- Project management experience
- Proficiency with Zendesk, Slack, Asana / Jira, and/or other user support tools
- Understanding of basic business analytics
- Custom emoji, rare reaction gifs, or bad dad jokes