Khan Academy is a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We reach more than 10 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world each month. Largely through grassroots, consumer-driven efforts, hundreds of thousands of teachers already use Khan Academy with their students. We’re proud of the reach and success we’ve had so far, but we know we could have even greater impact and reach more students, including those underserved and without access to technology at home, if we partnered with schools, districts, and governments to complement our consumer efforts.
Given that, we’re looking for an experienced, innovative leader to drive sales and marketing via school districts and US local, state, and government entities, and eventually internationally. As VP of School Partnerships, you will take end-to-end ownership of driving Khan Academy’s usage in schools, from raising awareness among potential enterprise customers (schools, districts, governments) to closing deals to ensuring successful implementations and contract renewals.
This is a unique opportunity to apply your skills in bringing free educational products to market at a nonprofit that already has a strong product and brand, significant consumer usage, and tremendous goodwill. You’ll have the opportunity to build and lead a team within Khan Academy and define our approach to enterprise sales & marketing.
If you’ve led a team that has successfully brought K12 educational products to market and have experience implementing in school districts (whether through revenue-generating deals or otherwise), we’d love to hear from you.
- Drive growth of Khan Academy in schools via partnerships at the “enterprise” level (districts, charter networks, states, government entities)
- Create an outbound reach-out strategy to top strategic districts across North America, and eventually internationally
- Partner with the product team to increase engagement, cross-sell, and retention to grow the funnel at all stages
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for new and existing products, in partnership with product management and other functions
- Partner with the marketing analytics team to define customer segmentation and metrics, and ensure we take a data-driven approach to district sales and marketing
- Partner and share best practices with our International team
- Build a high-performing team and define what “enterprise” sales and marketing looks like at Khan Academy
- Define and drive revenue models, if applicable
- Be a key member of the marketing leadership team
- Proven track record leading teams that have taken K12 educational products to market and closed deals (whether revenue-generating or not) with districts. Ability to identify strategies and drive results with speed and effectiveness through the execution of the right go-to-market strategies and plans
- Very strong leadership skills, with proven ability to lead direct and indirect teams and work across functional lines. Able to collaborate, influence, and quickly build trust and respect within the organization and with partners
- Ability to see and understand the organization end-to-end. Experience working directly with product management to define and influence the future vision of our products and roadmaps so they can “sell themselves” and experience driving or working directly with marketing, sales, and customer success to build awareness and provide world-class service end-to-end
- An innovative and entrepreneurial thinker who leads with confidence and a strong point of view. Willing and able to put hard issues on the table, drive open debate, and problem-solve with the team to achieve results
- Proven ability to drive processes to identify the best enterprise marketing and sales initiatives. Set the criteria and hold people accountable for what gets started, stopped, and prioritized
- A quantitative and analytical focus, with experience identifying and building the right metrics and analytics to help us know how we are doing in real-time
- A team player who is accountable for overall results while empowering the team and creating space for others to shine
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- A passion for Khan Academy’s mission and a strong interest in defining school sales and marketing in our unique context
- A willingness to be scrappy, creative, and unconventional
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Highly competitive salaries
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that's already defining the future of education and improving students’ lives
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.