ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a nonprofit organization on a mission to provide a free, world-class education to anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly, and right now we’re hard at work helping learners address any unfinished learning that the COVID-19 pandemic may have caused. We also know that not all communities have been impacted equally by this pandemic, which makes our work focusing on providing equitable solutions to historically under-resourced communities even more important.
WE ARE DRIVEN BY OUR COMMUNITY
Our students, teachers, and parents come from all walks of life and so do we. We are fun, diverse, quirky people that come from a variety of backgrounds. Our team includes people from academia and from high tech companies and tiny startups. We hire great people from diverse backgrounds and experiences, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Valuing diversity, equity and inclusion is necessary for us to actualize our mission and truly impact the communities we serve. We believe that the best way to provide impactful education is to create a diverse team of people from different backgrounds, races, religions, genders, sexual orientations, ages, and experiences. We’re a hardworking team that’s passionate about helping learners and teachers around the globe! We strive to be world class in investing in our people and commit to developing you as a professional.
We’re looking for a Product Marketing Manager to lead marketing initiatives for students. This is an exciting opportunity to help learners achieve their educational goals. In this role, you will create and execute marketing strategies to raise Khan Academy awareness and engagement with middle school and high school students in the United States, with an emphasis on students from historically under-resourced communities. This role is a 6-month contract position with an opportunity to convert to full-time based on strong performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and execute awareness, engagement, and go-to-market strategies in close collaboration with cross-functional product and marketing teams
- Write compelling product positioning and campaign messaging to drive student interest and engagement
- Conduct research to uncover user insights, and develop personas and customer journeys to bring student voices to life
- Be an expert on the competitive landscape and market trends, and make recommendations for product and marketing initiatives based on these insights
- Create lifecycle marketing initiatives to engage students at all stages of their learning journeys
- Set campaign goals, analyze performance, and share learnings with broader team
- Collaborate with partners like College Board on co-marketing initiatives
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Experience developing and executing successful multi-channel marketing campaigns for consumer brands
- Deep customer empathy: you’ve conducted qualitative and quantitative user research, either independently or in partnership with research teams
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong positioning, messaging, and copywriting skills
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and help the team get work done as we are a nonprofit and a smaller organization
- A passion for education and a desire to make a difference in the lives of students everywhere
Nice to have
- Experience driving co-marketing campaigns with partners
- Fluency in Spanish
MORE ABOUT US
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
OUR COMPANY VALUES
Live & breathe learners
We deeply understand and empathize with our users. We leverage user insights, research, and experience to build content, products, services, and experiences that our users trust and love. Our success is defined by the success of our learners and educators.
Take a stand
As a company, we have conviction in our aspirational point of view of how education will evolve. The work we do is in service to moving towards that point of view. However, we also listen, learn and flex in the face of new data, and commit to evolving this point of view as the industry and our users evolve.
Embrace diverse perspectives
We are a diverse community. We seek out and embrace a diversity of voices, perspectives and life experiences leading to stronger, more inclusive teams and better outcomes. As individuals, we are committed to bringing up tough topics and leaning into different points of view with curiosity. We actively listen, learn and collaborate to gain a shared understanding. When a decision is made, we commit to moving forward as a united team.
Work responsibly and sustainably
We understand that achieving our audacious mission is a marathon, so we set realistic timelines and we focus on delivery that also links to the bigger picture. As a non-profit, we are supported by the generosity of donors as well as strategic partners, and understand our responsibility to our finite resources. We spend every dollar as though it were our own. We are responsible for the impact we have on the world and to each other. We ensure our team and company stay healthy and financially sustainable.
Bring out the joy
We are committed to making learning a joyful process. This informs what we build for our users and the culture we co-create with our teammates, partners and donors.
Cultivate learning mindset
We believe in the power of growth for learners and for ourselves. We constantly learn and teach to improve our offerings, ourselves, and our organization. We learn from our mistakes and aren’t afraid to fail. We don't let past failures or successes stop us from taking future bold action and achieving our goals.
We insist on high standards and deliver delightful, effective end-to-end experiences that our users can rely on. We choose to focus on fewer things — each of which aligns to our ambitious vision — so we can deliver high-quality experiences that accelerate positive measurable learning with our strategic partners.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.