ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY INDIA
Khan Academy India aims to deliver a world class user experience to learners in India that is locally relevant and is enabled by a strong on-the-ground team and operations. Our learning system is mastery based, which allows students to master key concepts at a pace that’s right for them before moving on to more challenging content. From serving under 500,000 learners in 2016, we are now serving almost 4 million learners a month across our websites, apps and youtube channels. These learners include both independent learners accessing us at home and teacher directed learners in schools. Our focus is to reach the underserved by making our content accessible in local languages. Khan Academy is already available in Hindi, Hinglish, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Bangla and Punjabi.
ABOUT THE PHILANTHROPY TEAM
The Philanthropy team is charged with raising the philanthropic funds needed to fund and sustain Khan Academy India’s mission. Khan Academy India is accelerating its impact in partnership with multiple, multi year donors (trusts, foundations and corporations). To do this, the team communicates Khan Academy's mission, strategy, programs and impact to the donors whose interests align with our mission and work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, we are seeking an entrepreneurial person to lead strategy and execution of our philanthropy efforts in India.
In this role your responsibilities will be:
1. Donor Management and Reporting
- Work with Khan Academy India board of directors and MD to define philanthropic strategy, plan and pipeline. Lead the quarterly reviews with the board.
- Steward deeper alignment with our existing donors through periodic strategic joint reviews, working with cross-functional teams at Khan Academy.
- Work in coordination with the finance and program teams to ensure timely reporting based on donor expectations.
2. Bringing in New Donors
- Understand the Khan Academy product and strategic vision and translate it into meaningful giving opportunities for prospective donors.
- Lead philanthropic solicitation efforts on behalf of the organisation, including writing foundation and philanthropic donor proposals, solicitation materials, and representing Khan Academy at conferences and networking events.
- Support state leadership in articulating 1 and 3 year roadmap and outcomes.
You would be a great fit for the role if you have:
- 7-9 years of experience in raising funds in the development sector space
- Demonstrated ability to craft short- and long-term strategies
- Strong project management experience
- Impeccable communication skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of compliance regulations for different funding sources
- A proven ability to work across teams
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity and a bias toward action
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive salaries
- Remote-friendly workplace, i.e. option to work from home; Flexible schedules
- Health and wellness benefits
- Professional development focus
- Paid time off and parental leave
- Fun virtual events
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team
- Fun at Khan Academy India
- A glimpse of our content created
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume or Linkedin URL in the space Resume/CV. (required)
- Please address the task mentioned and attach your response. (required).
TASK: Describe in about 2 pages a strategy and action plan for Khan Academy India to broaden its donor base in India. What would be your recommendations?
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.