ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY INDIA
Khan Academy India aims to deliver a world class user experience to learners in India that is locally relevant and is enabled by a strong on-the-ground team and operations. Our learning system is mastery based, which allows students to master key concepts at a pace that’s right for them before moving on to more challenging content. From serving under 500,000 learners in 2016, we are now serving almost 4 million learners a month across our websites, apps and youtube channels. These learners include both independent learners accessing us at home and teacher directed learners in schools. Our focus is to reach the underserved by making our content accessible in local languages. Khan Academy is already available in Hindi, Hinglish, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Bangla and Punjabi.
ABOUT THE INDIA SCHOOL ENABLEMENT TEAM
In line with our focus to reach the underserved, we partner with school systems to enable teachers and students to optimally utilise the tools and resources on the Khan Academy platform for improving student learning outcomes. With a small team of just 4-5 members, we have been able to reach around a million students so far by partnering with 3000+ schools across various states and school systems (public and private). We support teachers and administrators through training resources and live sessions, webinars and by enabling peer-to-peer sharing. We learn and constantly iterate by gathering feedback and through data-backed insights and efficacy studies.
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role, you would be a trusted partner of our key state relationships with both a short term and a long term orientation to improve learning outcomes.
In this role you would:
- Support state leadership in articulating 1 and 3 year roadmap and outcomes
- Own complete design and execution of programs across multiple states - including academic programs (e.g. foundations, revisions, LearnStorm), implementation models (@home, @school), and building capacity (teachers, middle mgt)
- Lead data driven discussions with the state senior and middle level leadership to drive meaningful adoption at scale and improvement in learning outcomes
- Work very closely with Khan Academy's content, teacher enablement, ops, data and efficacy teams to build programs that scale and sustain
You would be a great fit for the role if you are:
- 12+ years of experience including 5+ years in working on state level programs in education, health or other areas
- Prior teaching or education research experience (will be a plus)
- A first-principles problem solver with strong data-driven decision making skills
- The ability and experience to comfortably move between short and long term outcomes
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- A proven ability to work across teams with superior communication skills
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation and a bias toward action
- Willing to travel
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive salaries
- Remote-friendly workplace, i.e. option to work from home; Flexible schedules
- Health and wellness benefits
- Professional development focus
- Paid time off and parental leave
- Fun virtual events
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- A glimpse of our content created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED8P8vchQJM
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume or Linkedin URL in the space Resume/CV. (required)
- Please address the task mentioned and attach your response. (required).
TASK: Describe your vision and 3-5 year plan to bring meaningful change in learning outcomes at scale in India, especially in a government school setting.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.