ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything. We’re seeking a Physics Content Creator to help expand and improve our 11th and 12th physics content.
ABOUT THE INDIA CONTENT TEAM
Our content team in India includes the content creators who make thousands of awesome videos, articles, and practice questions, aligned with the Indian curriculum, to help both teachers and students.We are actively working on content localization in other regional languages as well, which means the content you co-create with us will reach a wider number (both nationally and globally), thereby quintupling the impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Physics expert who can create practice exercises to make a compelling offering for high school Physics.
- Taking a comprehensive view of each course, determining where content may need to be added, changed, or removed to create a smooth progression or a more cohesive narrative aligned to NCERT
- Creating new content and/or editing content as needed to improve quality based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback from users and experts
- Working closely with the rest of the physics content team to ensure high quality work overall, e.g., peer review others’ work, share best practices, help brainstorm ideas
- Deep knowledge and expertise in physics (an advanced physics degree or teaching certification)
- Great intuition for how students learn physics and insight into common misconceptions
- Familiar with CBSE NCERT curricula and teaching methods
- Experience creating learner-facing content, ideally in an online environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and impeccable written communication skills
- Computer skills (e.g., familiarity with Google docs) and a willingness to learn how to use new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive salaries
- Remote-friendly workplace, i.e. option to work from home
- Delicious lunches daily (if based in a local office)
- Flexible schedules and required time off to ensure you are well-rested
- Comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Paid parental leave
- Fun team events and board game nights!
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- A glimpse of our content created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ylgb8FFMgd4
- Our Hinglish content in action: http://bit.ly/khanacademyyoutube
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume in the space provided below.
- Please address the below-mentioned task and attach your response in the space provided below.
We strive to create a body of questions that allow us to accurately teach, assess, and represent a student’s physics knowledge state. For this task, you need to submit two multiple-choice questions, one each for the concepts (or a part of it) defined below. If necessary, include descriptions or drawings of any diagrams or interactions that would be helpful.
- Check for the student’s conceptual understanding of Gauss’s law of electricity.
- Check for the student’s conceptual understanding of entropy & the second law of thermodynamics.
Guide to writing the questions
- Your question should be written for students of grades 11/12.
- Each question should include a correct answer choice and three (or more) distractors/incorrect answer choices.
- For each correct and incorrect answer choice, include a short, learner-facing explanation (no more than 400 characters) of why the choice is right or wrong, using a friendly tone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.