ABOUT KHAN ACADEMY
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything. We’re seeking a Math Content Creator to help expand and improve our 11th and 12th math content.
ABOUT THE INDIA CONTENT TEAM
Our content team in India includes the content creators who make thousands of awesome videos, articles, and practice questions, aligned with the Indian curriculum, to help both teachers and students. These courses are also localized in conversational Hindi (i.e. ‘Hinglish’). This approach reduces the cognitive load on many learners when they are trying to understand a difficult concept while listening to a non-native language at the same time. We are actively working on content localization in other regional languages as well, which means the content you co-create with us will reach a wider number (both nationally and globally), thereby quintupling the impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re looking for a Mathematics expert who can create practice exercises to make a compelling offering for high school Math.
- Taking a comprehensive view of each course, determining where content may need to be added, changed, or removed to create a smooth progression or a more cohesive narrative aligned to NCERT
- Creating new content and/or editing content as needed to improve quality based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback from users and experts
- Working closely with the rest of the math content team to ensure high quality work overall, e.g., peer review others’ work, share best practices, help brainstorm ideas
- Deep knowledge and expertise in math (an advanced math degree or teaching certification)
- Great intuition for how students learn math and insight into common misconceptions
- Familiar with CBSE curricula and teaching methods
- Experience creating learner-facing content, ideally in an online environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and impeccable written communication skills
- Computer skills (e.g., familiarity with Google docs) and a willingness to learn how to use new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
PERKS AND BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team like a for-profit.
- Competitive salaries
- Remote-friendly workplace, i.e. option to work from home
- Delicious lunches daily (if based in a local office)
- Flexible schedules and required time off to ensure you are well-rested
- Comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Paid parental leave
- Fun team events and board game nights!
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- A glimpse of our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
- A glimpse of our content created: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ED8P8vchQJM
- Our Hinglish content in action: http://bit.ly/khanacademyyoutube
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume or Linkedin URL in the space provided below.
- Please address the below-mentioned task and attach your response in the space provided below.
We strive to create a body of questions which will allow us to accurately teach, assess, and represent a student’s mathematical knowledge state. For this task, you need to submit a question with answer choices along with a step-by-step solution for each of the given skills/ topics. If necessary, include descriptions or drawings of any diagrams or interactions that would be helpful.
- Finding the principal value of an inverse trigonometric function.
- Finding the equation of a plane passing through a given point and parallel to a given plane.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.