Biology Content Fellow (India)
Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything.
We are seeking a Biology fellow who can lead the biology vertical to make a compelling offering for high school biology.
- Mapping of existing Khan Academy biology content to the NCERT classes 10-12.
- Developing a list of high-priority content gaps (videos, exercises, and articles) for HS and NEET biology courses, based on textbooks, curriculums, common search terms, and discussions with educators and students
- Assembling a library of excellent instructional and practice resources by creating new content (videos, exercises, and articles) on your own and/or with partners and finding and vetting content made by others
- Ensuring content is of high quality by assembling and working with an advisory board, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Cultivate a strong community of learners by responding to students’ questions and engaging with learners on the Khan Academy platform, through social media, etc.
- Participate in and create content for timely events, such as live stream study sessions for finals and special content for back-to-school and relevant holidays
- Adapt existing, openly licensed text content to Khan Academy’s platform
- Extremely strong command of the content covered in classes 10-12 biology
- Experience teaching biology to students of classes 10-12
- Great intuition for how students like to learn and insight into common misconceptions
- Familiarity with common curricula and teaching methods
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action
- Impeccable written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Computer skills (fluent with Google docs and spreadsheets) and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- You’re a problem solver by nature; you’re comfortable finding implementable solutions and moving quickly in a fast-paced process
- Being multilingual is a plus
- This is a one-year fellowship position with a possibility of extension
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below.
- In addition to sending your resume, please provide a link explaining your favorite concept from class 10th Biology such that a student falls in love with it and also has an in-depth understanding of it. Assume the relevant prerequisites and do mention them so we keep that in mind while reviewing your explanation.
- You can choose any format to submit your work, article/video whichever best serves the purpose. You can even write on paper, draw images and send snapshots of it. The format doesn’t matter, the clarity of explanation is what we are checking.
- Incase you want to send a youtube link to your video, please paste that in a doc and attach it in the link below.
- Also, send us a list of interesting questions that you would ask a student who has gone through the above explanation, to gauge their understanding? What answers would you give to help the student, if they get stuck?
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.