Khan Academy is a nonprofit education technology organization with a mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. Over 15 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps for children, is now part of the Khan Academy family. We are looking for a talented full-time, in-house Senior Engineer to join our collaborative team of designers, illustrators, engineers and product people. You should have a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, with at least 7+ years of strong mobile, web, or server experience.
Our Engineer will help redefine the way a whole new generation of children learn and interact with media globally. You will work with a small, collaborative team of engineers, product managers, and designers to create outstanding user experiences. Our ideal candidate will have a deep passion for great design, an outstanding attention to detail, an excellent sense of humor, and a love of games and children’s media. You will be involved in the ideation, and concepting as well as the development for our growing suite of award-winning iPhone, iPad and Android apps. You will also share our love of learning, a strong understanding of mobile interaction design, and an easy-going, fun-loving (and playful) personality.
Skills and Requirements
- A strong passion for engineering, creativity, and problem solving
- 7+ years of mobile, web, or server experience
- iOS, Android, NodeJS, Angular experience a plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Ability to work locally in our office in San Mateo, CA
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed
- A high-caliber team that believes in the importance of having a great day-to-day experience
- Catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages, including the best Chocolate Ice Cream in the World
- The opportunity to work on software and programs that are already impacting the future of learning
- The ability to improve real lives and put your talents toward a deeply meaningful mission
- The opportunity to even the playing field in education and serve an underserved space
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
About Khan Academy | Duck Duck Moose
Khan Academy is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. In 2016, Duck Duck Moose, an award-winning creator of educational mobile apps, joined Khan Academy and formed the Khan Academy Kids team. The company has created 22 top-selling titles and has received 22 Parents’ Choice Awards, 19 Children’s Technology Review Awards, and a KAPi award for “Best Children’s App” at the International Consumer Electronics Show. The Khan Academy Kids team is a passionate group of engineers, artists, designers, and educators. Like all Khan Academy offerings, Khan Academy Kids and all Duck Duck Moose apps are 100% free, without ads or subscriptions.