Here at Khan Academy, we’re assembling a library of world-class instructional and practice resources to empower students everywhere. Whether they’re studying mass, mantles, or mammals, we want to offer students the resources and support they need to succeed on their homework and exams and to realize that they can learn anything. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
In particular, we’re seeking someone to help build our practice and instructional library in biology, including AP Biology. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Collaborate with our existing team and outside experts to create, refine, and expand our biology practice exercises and articles
- Work with video creators to develop new videos covering core biology concepts
- Ensure content is high quality by working with students and teachers, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Adapt existing, openly licensed text content to Khan Academy’s platform
- An advanced degree in biology or closely related field
- Impeccable written communication skills and editorial abilities
- Teaching or tutoring experience at the K-14 level
- A growth mindset and a strong attention to detail
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and enthusiasm for experimentation
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Sheets and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
A PLUS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience writing student-facing content, such as practice questions and articles
- Formal experience teaching or tutoring biology at the middle or high school level
- We have a preference for this to be a position based in our office in Mountain View, CA; however, we are also open to full-time remote arrangements.
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive compensation salaries
- The opportunity to work on high-impact content that's already defining the future of education and improving students’ lives
- Ample paid time off as needed – we’re about getting things done, not face time
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
If you work full-time from our office in Mountain View:
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- If you’d like to provide a more traditional cover letter addressing your interest in Khan Academy (in addition to the diversity-based response), please feel free to attach that below.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.