Khan Academy is a fast-paced, nonprofit startup on a mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. We already reach millions of students every month and are growing rapidly. We’re building a library of world-class instructional and practice resources that empowers learners. Whether they’re studying matrices, mitosis, Marbury v. Madison, or multivariable calculus, we want to offer students the resources to realize that they can learn anything. We’re seeking a Math Content Manager to help scale our content team and realize that vision in Math subjects.
The Math Content Manager is broadly responsible for math content at Khan Academy, serving the needs of K-14 learners and teachers. As the Math Content Manager, you will:
- Support, build, and develop our team of Math Content Creators (likely 4-6 people)
- Oversee content creation and maintenance in current and future math courses on Khan Academy by reviewing course plans, reviewing content quality, and building efficient processes.
- Drive math content strategy and planning
- Represent Khan Academy math to our partners and at conferences
- Strong command of early to advanced math and great intuition for how students best learn math
- Relevant experience that has provided a deep knowledge of K-14 math education including a Master's Degree (or higher) in an aligned subject area or Math Education
- 5+ years of leadership and people management experience, including experience successfully leading a team of teachers, writers, education content creators, or related
- Strong project management experience, with a bias toward action
- A demonstrated ability to craft short- and long-term content strategy
- Experience creating learner-facing content, ideally in an online environment
- Meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management skills, and impeccable written communication skills
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
WE OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
We may be a non-profit, but we reward our talented team well!
- Highly competitive salaries and annual bonuses
- Ample paid time off as needed – we are about getting things done, not face time
- Delicious catered lunch daily plus tons of snacks and beverages
- The opportunity to work on high-impact software and programs that are already defining the future of education
- Great location: walking distance to Caltrain and downtown Mountain View. We have a strong preference for this position to be a full time position from our office in Mountain View, CA; in exceptional cases, we are also open to full or partial remote arrangements.
- Awesome team events and weekly board game nights
- The ability to improve real lives
- A fun, high-caliber team that trusts you and gives you the freedom to be brilliant
- Oh, and we offer all those other typical benefits as well: 401(k) + 4% matching & comprehensive insurance including medical, dental, vision, and life
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- Briefly describe your people management experience including number of people managed and length of time.
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: We believe that reaching all learners requires a team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team’s experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives - whether personal, professional, academic, or in your own classroom - would contribute to the diversity of our team and our ability to understand and address the needs of all learners.
- Sal’s TED talk from 2011
- Sal’s TED talk from 2015
- You Can Learn Anything: https://www.khanacademy.org/youcanlearnanything
- Our team: http://www.khanacademy.org/about/the-team
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.