Chemistry Fellow (India)
At Khan Academy India, we’re assembling a library of world-class instructional and practice resources to empower students. Whether they’re studying mass, mantles, or mammals, we want to offer students the resources and support they need to succeed on their homework and exams and to realize that they can learn anything. Join us on our mission to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere.
In particular, we’re seeking a Chemistry fellow to help us make a compelling offering for high school chemistry. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Mapping of existing Khan Academy chemistry content to the NCERT classes 9-12
- Developing a list of high-priority content gaps (videos, exercises and, articles) for your subject, based on textbooks, curriculums, common search terms, and discussions with educators and students
- Assembling a library of excellent instructional and practice resources by creating new content(videos, exercises, and articles) on your own and/or with partners and finding and vetting content made by others
- Ensuring content is of high quality by assembling and working with an advisory board, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Cultivate a strong community of learners by responding to students’ questions and engaging with learners on the Khan Academy platform, through social media, etc.
- Participate in and create content for timely events, such as livestream study sessions for finals and special content for back-to-school and relevant holidays
- Adapt existing, openly licensed text content to Khan Academy’s platform
- Extremely strong command of the content covered in classes 9-12 chemistry
- Experience teaching chemistry in classes 9-12, formally or informally
- Great intuition for how students like to learn and insight into common misconceptions
- Familiarity with common curricula and teaching methods
- An entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias toward action
- Impeccable written communication skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Computer skills (fluent with Google docs and spreadsheets) and a willingness to learn new tools
- A passion for education and a desire to change the world
- You’re a problem solver by nature; you’re comfortable finding implementable solutions and moving quickly in a fast-paced process
- Being multilingual is a plus
- This is a one-year fellowship position with a possibility of extension
- We have a strong preference for this position to be a full time position from our office in New Delhi; in exceptional cases, we are also open to remote and part time arrangements
HOW TO APPLY
- Attach your resume below
- In addition to sending your resume, please provide a link to an educational video produced by you. You can refer to this video on how to make Khan Academy Style Video for guidance.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.