Khan Academy's mission is to provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. To fulfill this mission, we are looking for an exceptional Senior Content Manager to guide the work on our Spanish site, with a specific focus on Peru and Mexico.
In this role, you’ll work closely with the Mexican team currently leading localization efforts in LATAM, lead creation of a site aligned to Peru’s standards, and ultimately steer new work to create country and region-specific content that addresses the needs of millions of students in Mexico, Peru, and the rest of the Spanish speaking world. You’ll own these efforts but won’t be working in isolation; most efforts will be cross-functional, and many will involve outside partners as well.
- Manage the relationship with the primary existing localization/translation teams, with a strong emphasis on relationship management and quality control within the existing localization pipeline.
- Build and manage a smaller second team of Spanish language contractors focusing on Peru, which will include translators and local curriculum experts.
- Oversee the creation curriculum roadmap and a small amount of original Spanish-language content for Peru.
- Grow the pipeline of talented content creators and high-quality content sources (e.g., through competitions, crowd-sourced nominations, etc.) to uphold quality of Spanish content
- Work with curriculum experts and standard setting bodies to align translated content to Mexican and Peruvian curriculum standards
- Develop replicable, scalable processes for scoping, creating, and improving several types of content (e.g., videos, articles, quizzes) across multiple content areas (math, science, humanities, etc.) and regions across Latin America.
- Ensure content is of high quality by assembling and working with an advisory board, tracking content performance, and modifying content based on quantitative data and qualitative feedback
- Lead market research and usage analysis to help inform decisions about what content to produce
- Maintain strong, constructive working relationships with partner foundations, as well as with governmental groups in charge of local and national curricula.
- You have native level of fluency in Spanish and fluency in English
- You have an excellent command of high school math, science, or humanities subjects
- You have experience in working with local and national governments or education bodies to implement content aligned with national standards.
- You are an experienced people leader who has successfully developed and grown teams with 10+ members
- You are extremely detail-oriented and have ironclad project management skills, including the ability to organize roles and responsibilities on a team and make sure nothing falls through the cracks
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, including a high tolerance for ambiguity, a penchant for experimentation, and a bias towards action
- You’re a people person; you know how to collaborate across teams and organizations as well as manage and resolve conflict
- You’re a problem solver by nature; you’re very comfortable gathering, analyzing, and drawing actionable, novel conclusions based on quantitative and qualitative data
- You’re invigorated by the possibility of helping provide a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere
- You have 7+ years of work experience in relevant fields including digital media, content creation, or consumer internet
- You have experience as an educator or have strong curriculum fluency in either Mexico or Peru. education
- You’re available to work full time and are able to travel within Mexico, Peru, and to Mountain View, CA, with expectations of travel about once per month.
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to sending your resume and cover letter please address the following question: At Khan Academy, we believe that reaching all learners requires a Content team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team's experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives— whether personal, professional, academic, or otherwise— could contribute to the diversity of our team.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, or disability.