Khan Academy is looking for an Interaction Designer who is passionate about great design and making a deeply positive impact on the world. Today, over 12 million learners, teachers, and parents around the world use Khan Academy each month. But we believe we’re just at the tip of the iceberg in bringing to life our mission to make a free, world-class education available for anyone, anywhere! This is a 2 month, renewable contract that starts in April and is benefits eligible.
The team at Khan Academy comes from a wide variety of backgrounds; it includes industry leaders from companies such as Apple, Google, Airbnb, tiny startups, games, and education – we actively foster a cross-disciplinary environment because we believe that’s where the magic happens. We’re deeply invested in your future: we have high expectations of you, and consider deeply how to best support you to achieve them.
In this role, you’ll work with the Marketing & Philanthropy team to help design interactive campaigns across email and product that promote learning, A/B test landing pages and donation flows that support our non-profit. You’ll partner closely with the marketing team to craft end-to-end experiences across multiple marketing touchpoints. You will combine marketing savvy with phenomenal design skills to produce compelling experiences for our learners (to help us reach 100+ million learners per month!). You are equally passionate about the craft of persuasion as you are the craft of design. You’re energized by this massive opportunity to sculpt the way that millions of people worldwide feel about learning and teaching!
As a good candidate, you will have a great portfolio with a string of successful projects in your wake. You’ll have proven skills in the following disciplines:
- Interaction design
- Information architecture
- Prototyping skills
- Web & mobile marketing design (such as emails, sign up flows, banners, etc.)
- Creating production-ready designs within a defined visual design system
Experience teaching, or a deeper understanding of the education or learning space is a huge plus!
We expect our designers to have solid technical chops. You should have a set of tools you love to use that enable you to rapidly prototype and launch to production. You’re able to show us how you've used them in the past to make great experiences, and you can walk us through your design reasoning. You can demonstrate that you work well with your peers and partners, such as Marketing, Engineering, and PM, throughout your career – because we’re dedicated to both great quality design and great quality collaboration.
- You need 3+ years experience
- The combination of business savvy and design excellence to create delightful, persuasive experiences
- Strong design strategy, married with mindset of rapid prototyping and innovation
- Either strong curiosity or knowledge about education and learning
- Introspection, humility, maturity, excellent communication skills, strong systematic problem-solving ability, and a drive for continuous learning
- A desire to make the world a better place
How to apply
- Attach your resume below
- Address the following prompt in the space provided below: At Khan Academy, we believe that reaching all learners requires an team that is diverse in every respect, and we are looking for individuals who will help us fulfill our mission by adding to the diversity of our team's experiences, perspectives, and mindsets. With that in mind, tell us briefly how your experiences and perspectives— whether personal, professional, academic, or otherwise— could contribute to the diversity of our team.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.