We are looking for smart, ambitious, and creative developers with a passion for learning, huge curiosity and focus on achieving amazing outcomes. You will join the international team that is responsible for developing compelling user experiences for hotel owners and their guests. As a catalyst for complex projects and initiatives, you will work closely in a cross functional team to develop innovative features and disrupt the hotel industry landscape. If you're an engineer who loves solving complicated problems, building creative solutions and wants to be a part of a team of similarly skilled, driven individuals, we'd love to hear from you.
- 5+ years of meaningful work experience developing web applications;
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math);
- Experience building layouts using CSS and HTML;
- Knowledge of performance considerations, especially with respect to browsers;
- Ability to debug issues in a full-stack environment;
- Experience working in Java, C#, or a similar object-oriented language a plus, but not required.
- Working independently on solutions and designs with minimal oversight;
- Producing scalable, high quality, and accurate work;
- Estimating efforts accurately and executing with pace;
- Showing good judgement in software architecture;
- Using metrics to validate decision-making;
- Owning communication with key stakeholders on assigned projects;
- Easily relating technical subjects to non-technical audiences;
- Leadership within direct & cross-functional teams.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible working hours;
- Remote work option;
- Opportunities to work in any KAYAK office around the globe;
- Day off on your birthday;
- Additionally paid paternity/maternity leave;
- Generous healthcare insurance;
- Free lunch twice a week;
- Free Yoga classes twice a week;
- Headspace subscription - to relax after work;
- No stupid meetings;
- The greatest team events and excursions;
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Senior Engineer’s salary consists of three parts:
Base part: when joining us early in your career your salary may start from 3260 EUR Gross. Being more experienced, your base salary may be up to 5540 EUR Gross for this position.
- significant yearly bonuses, approx 10 percent annual salary;
- Booking Holdings RSU (Restricted Stock Units) package, worth 20.000 USD (before taxes) with possibility to get it every year.
Salary range provided is not final and will be discussed during the process based on your skills and experience.
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Join KAYAK at building innovative solutions that make guest experiences amazing and create enormous value for hotel owners. Develop your own ideas during our Hack Weeks. Take part in a cross functional agile team disrupting an industry.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.