We are looking for Java backend developers to help improve and maintain KAYAK’s world leading search and booking technology. We integrate with over 200 travel partners and link to over 500,000 hotels and 550 airlines. You will be an essential part of a high powered team that keeps all of this running smoothly – helping millions of people find the best ways to fly from A to B every day!
- Implement new backend booking and search features;
- Improve existing features with an eye towards speed and user experience;
- Create and maintain existing integrations with third-party APIs;
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field;
- Solid Java experience from 2 years;
- Spring, SQL, HTTP, XML, JSON;
- Bonus Points: AWS, MySQL, Git, Tomcat, Apache.
- A solid software engineer with backend experience;
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced startup environment;
- Hands on and self-motivated.
Benefits and Perks
- Flexible working hours;
- Remote work option;
- Opportunities to work in any KAYAK office around the globe;
- Fund for career growth and development;
- Day off on your birthday;
- Additionally paid paternity/maternity leave;
- Generous healthcare insurance;
- Free lunch twice a week;
- Free Yoga classes twice a week;
- Headspace subscription - to relax after work;
- No stupid meetings;
- The greatest team events and excursions;
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Engineer’s salary consists of three parts:
Base part: when joining us early in your career your salary may start from 1679 EUR Gross. Being more experienced, your base salary may be up to 3992 EUR Gross for this position.
- significant yearly bonuses approx 10 percent annual salary;
- Booking Holdings RSU (Restricted Stock Units) package, worth 20.000 USD (before taxes) with possibility to get it every year.
Salary range provided is not final and will be discussed during the process based on your skills and experience.
At KAYAK we help millions of travellers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travellers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.