Welcome to Kasian, where over 37 years of design excellence have sparked a passion for transforming ordinary spaces into extraordinary experiences. Our passion is strengthening connections between people and place by creating built environments that inspire and improve lives. With offices across Canada, we leverage the experience of our 220+ Kasian team members to deliver innovative and unique design solutions in multiple market sectors: commercial, workplace, healthcare, senior living, industrial and public.
We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate Interior Designer to complement our Victoria office. You share a passion for creating innovative spaces for clients as well as experience in workplace, multi-residential and senior living sectors. At the intermediate level, our Interior Designers are involved in coming up with design concepts, space planning, presentations, producing drawings, researching materials, client interaction, and project management.
Here's what you’ll be doing at Kasian:
- Work directly with Principals and Associates to take on a key role in the design process including creating design concepts and presentation material
- Create work plans, drawing lists, the scope of services, budgets, and staffing requirements; on a larger-scale project this may be done in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Prepare layouts, sketches, and space plans required to convey design intent
- Produce design and contract documentation in alignment with Kasian’s standards of quality, client program and budget needs
- Coordinate with project consultants (ie. electrical, mechanical, structural), contractors and vendors
- Interpret and conform to building codes and bylaws
- Prepare outline specifications and assist in detailed specification development
- Assist with contract administration including shop drawing reviews
- Keep current with innovative and forward-thinking design including research on products and materials
- Participate in client presentations and actively build relationships with clients through the project process
Here’s what you bring to Kasian:
- Degree in Interior Design
- A minimum of 5 to 8 years of relevant experience in the workplace, multi-residential and senior living sectors
- NCIDQ certification or Licensed Interior Designer with AIBC, or working towards obtaining it
- Strong technical knowledge and technical drawing experience with Revit
- Excellent graphic communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in InDesign, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of furniture systems
- Understanding of construction and the construction administration process
- Ability to present ideas to clients
This opportunity is an exceptional career fit for a candidate with long-term ambitions to contribute to one of Canada’s top architectural practices. If you are looking to be part of a progressive environment and deliver innovative projects, we’d like to hear from you. If this describes you, please submit your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.