Welcome to Kasian, where over 37 years of design excellence has sparked a passion in transforming ordinary spaces into extraordinary experiences. Our passion is strengthening connections between people and place by creating built environments that inspire and improve lives. We leverage the experience of our 220+ Kasian team members to deliver innovative and unique design solutions in multiple market sectors: commercial, mixed-use, retail, industrial, hospitality, public buildings, and healthcare.
We are currently seeking a motivated and passionate Architect with a Commercial, Senior Living and Industrial portfolio to complement our team in Edmonton, AB. We are involved in exciting work across a range of building types including commercial, mixed-use, residential, retail, industrial, hospitality, public buildings, and healthcare. Our Architects are involved in all design and technical aspects of projects from the schematic design phase through to contract administration and typically oversee the whole process with guidance from a Principal. You will have a leadership role in coordinating the project team, consultants, and the client as well as liaising with authorities having jurisdiction to meet project objectives.
Here's what you’ll do at Kasian:
• Work with talented architects, interior designers, and technologists to produce quality projects for institutional, commercial, and public sector clients
• Develop project criteria, scope of services, detailed work plans, drawing lists, schedules, and resource (staff, technical, budget) requirements over the project lifecycle
• Push the boundaries of design while meeting the needs of clients and end-users; participate in stakeholder meetings, create design concepts and presentation material
• Lead, motivate, and manage project team to produce successful design and construction documentation
• Coordinate with project consultants (ie. electrical, mechanical, structural)
• Resolve complex design and technical issues
• Manage client relationships and actively develop these throughout the project process
• Ensure projects are delivered effectively through efficient resource management and achieving scheduled milestones
• Undertake site reviews and construction administration
Here’s what you bring to Kasian:
• A recognized degree in architecture coupled with a minimum of 7 years of experience
• AAA registration. AIBC registration is an asset but not a must
• Experience leading projects of at least $15m (construction value) with minimal supervision
• Experience in a variety of building typologies that includes but is not limited to industrial, commercial, and senior living
• An innovative and forward-thinking approach to design and a natural curiosity for staying current of new trends, materials, and construction methods
• Strong technical knowledge and technical drawing experience using Revit
• Excellent graphic and verbal communication and presentation skills
• An ability to add value to all stages of project delivery
This opportunity is an exceptional career fit for a candidate with long-term ambitions to contribute to one of Canada’s top architectural practices. If you are looking to be part of a progressive environment and deliver innovative projects, we’d like to hear from you.